Roof Terrace Apartments

Newbury newbie

I'm looking to book an apartment in Barcalona for 3 nights pre-cruise, for 2 adult couples. Hoping to get something with access to a nice roof terrace in a good location. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm already using the likes of Tripadvisor and googling agents etc, I'm asking here for any first hand knowledge.

Spain has a very developed domestic rental market and many of these terrace units would be rented through local sources. With no Spanish language knowledge or without someone to assist, it is not so easy to rent these units for a foreign tourist.

The domestic market is sometimes very seasonal with many owners only offering their unit as a rental during peak weeks. Another obstacle is that the developed market is very much centered around weekly rentals.

Here is one of the local sites that have many terrace attic units available. This is from Rentalia, which is the vocational site of long term rental site idealista which is one of the largest in Spain.

http://es.rentalia.com/houses/search_res.php?idtipo1=1&nc=1&chars=terraza&idgeo=52929&idzona=

I'm looking to book an apartment in Barcalona for 3 nights pre-cruise, for 2 adult couples. Hoping to get something with access to a nice roof terrace in a good location. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm already using the likes of Tripadvisor and googling agents etc, I'm asking here for any first hand knowledge.

You are going to struggle finding a 3 night let - most minimum rentals are 7 nights unless out of season.

In April we stayed 5 nights at SF Apartments

Carrer de Sardenya, 321

+34 620.235.769

+34 640.606.157

info@privaobcn.com

Great location, a half block from the Sagrada Familia. We had the 5th/top floor front unit. High enough that street noise as not a problem. Separate bedroom and roomy living space. While it doesn’t have a roof terrace, the balcony was nice and we had a good view of the S.F. Could keep an eye on the ticket line in front and could even hear the workmen shouting up on the towers. Recommend Aitor, and excellent pinxos-style tapas bar across the street.

The owner of the apartment also runs the restaurant on the ground floor, and that is where he manages from. We booked through hotels.com, and early enough that the price was reasonable for a big city stay.

We used airbnb to book our apartment in Barcelona. We're not on the rooftop, but do have a terrace which has been nice to relax on.

It was important for us to have a washer and close to the metro and you can figure those things out on airbnb, so I would imagine that with some research, you could find one with a roof terrace.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback and suggestions. I started to look at Rentalia and saw some good opportunities but then started looking at the Airbnb site. This one was new to me but a great site. I've now booked a two bed apartment with roof terrace just off Placa Cataluynia. And at a price a lot cheaper than 2 hotel rooms in that area!

:):):)

• 4 weeks later...