Beach bar on orient beach

Gatorspuck

The nude beach is a separate beach area next to Orient Beach and there is a big billboard like sign that let you know you are crossing over into that area. There is a beach bar on Orient where you can rent 2 beach chairs, umbrella and all day access to the restroom/changing area. When I was there it was like $16.00. That was in 2013 though! :cool:

I know there is a part where it's consider nude . But from what I have read that a separate area.

They told us/ I read the same disclosure on the excursion site. Our bus driver stated "the blue umbrellas area is where your beach excursion is located, and waaayyyy down there at the yellow umbrellas is a nude beach". Thinking we were "safe", we sat at the blue umbrellas only to notice a short time later that MANY cruise passengers (women) were sunbathing topless, and the people from the nude beach weren't restricted to that area. Exhibitionists (men) strolling the beach completely nude with only a bright, florescent orange hat on strolling up and down along the water..... some things you can't unsee:o

Made for some interesting dinner conversation that night:')

They told us/ I read the same disclosure on the excursion site. Our bus driver stated "the blue umbrellas area is where your beach excursion is located, and waaayyyy down there at the yellow umbrellas is a nude beach". Thinking we were "safe", we sat at the blue umbrellas only to notice a short time later that MANY cruise passengers (women) were sunbathing topless, and the people from the nude beach weren't restricted to that area. Exhibitionists (men) strolling the beach completely nude with only a bright, florescent orange hat on strolling up and down along the water..... some things you can't unsee:o

Made for some interesting dinner conversation that night:')

Yes women can go topless on Orient. You are right about the nude folks are not restricted. The guy you saw must be the same guy we saw when we were there cause this guy was doing the same thing. We went there with Bernard Tours and we actually sat right near the entrance to the nude area by the parking area and people would actually get out of there cars, get nude and then walk over.

I walked over there and walked to the far end of the nude beach and got nude spent about 30 minutes and then walked back. I did it just to say I experienced a nude beach....LOL! Nobody else in our tour group was bold enough to do it though!

I walked over there and walked to the far end of the nude beach and got nude spent about 30 minutes and then walked back. I did it just to say I experienced a nude beach....LOL! Nobody else in our tour group was bold enough to do it though!

:'):'), we did that too!! :eek:

TThat was in 2013 though! :cool:

This is a good reason to go to the port of call board as Bob suggested. In late 2014 the local government tore down a bunch of the bars and rebuilt them to a supposed better standard to withstand hurricanes. When I was there in April of 2016 most of those were still empty.

northofpedros1.jpg

We were at Orient Beach in late April. All of the new buildings are full now with various "Beach Clubs". As for changing facilities, most do not have. Instead a small bathroom. Kon Tiki is a larger club and may have changing facilities. We spent the day at Sun Beach Clubber and thoroughly enjoyed.

There are a lot of beaches on both the French and Dutch sides of the island. Topless bathing is permitted on all French beaches, including Orient Beach. If you find nudity and topless women bothersome, you might want to try another beach on the Dutch side.

We were at Orient Beach in late April. All of the new buildings are full now with various "Beach Clubs". As for changing facilities, most do not have. Instead a small bathroom. Kon Tiki is a larger club and may have changing facilities. We spent the day at Sun Beach Clubber and thoroughly enjoyed.

Thanks this the info iam looking for . Want to know more about the beach clubs that are there . Not to worried about the nude or topless aspect .