for those who have sailed LA to hawaii r/t

cruiser113

can you tell me when the time change happens on ship going and returning?

We did a TA in the spring and we changed clocks at noon on sea days moving forward one hour...........till our first port of call

It is like changing to and from daylight savings: they tell you in the Princess Patter to turn your clock ahead or back when you go to bed. I can't tell you the exact time the change occurs--it is sometime overnight.

Princess never changes clocks at noon. I think there's one line that does this but it's not Princess. Clocks will change at night when the vast majority of passengers are asleep. I think 1 or 2am. You'll get advance notice in the Patter and a card will be placed on your pillow the night the change takes place.

Edited by Pam in CA

Princess never changes clocks at noon. I think there's one line that does this but it's not Princess. Clocks will change at night when the vast majority of passengers are asleep. I think 1 or 2am. You'll get advance notice in the Patter and a card will be placed on your pillow the night the change takes place.

We have had HAL change times at both noon and 2:00PM on transatlantic crossings.

we've been on 3 Hawaiian cruises on Princess, and during the way to Hawaii, you'll get a card on one of your beds advising you that the ship's clocks will be changed overnight (I think it's at 1 or 2am). I think it was three separate nights to get to Hawaiian time (it depends on whether LA is on DST or not if it's two or three hour difference). the process goes in reverse on the way bak to LA.

That would drive me nuts. Not sure of the logic. What happens when the ship crosses the International Date Line? Yowzers! :)

Pam,I tried to figure it out and can only think that because of the ages of some of the passengers,they are concerned that they would fail to change the times and be showing up at the wrong time for everything the next day.We will be on Noordam crossing the date line on April 15th,so I will let you know.

Edited by johnmik1

We were on the TA from FLL to Barcelona last spring. We changed time at noon! It was an experiment. It was easier on passengers in some respects but not for the crew. They had less "daytime" for their chores as stewards or servers. I felt cheated out of an hour on a sea day! Karen

Well.... you need to tell Princess they never change clocks at noon because they sure did on the last cruise I was on. It definitely was Princess. In fact it was the Royal Princess.

Seamwoman and Riciop are correct. On the TA we took in the spring from Ft. Lauderdale to Barcelona the clocks were changed at noon each day. The first time it was done we all were wondering if there was a typo in the Patter -- nope it was noon and it was noon every tine the clocks were changed. The clocks changed at noon for several days in a row. The Captain actually had fun with it each time he made an announcement.

So there may be another line that does it, but so does Princess -- or at least they did on that cruise.

Edited by snowskier

That would drive me nuts. Not sure of the logic. What happens when the ship crosses the International Date Line? Yowzers! :)

I have been on a RCCL TA heading East.

The changes were made at 12 Noon which suddenly became 1 PM.

Nobody was shortchanged on sleep that way.

Some people complained about losing an hour of daytime.