Lanyard for Celebrity?

ratacake

Hi all,

As it's six weeks and three days to our cruise, naturally I thought it must be time to make some moves towards packing.... ;)

Anyway, I found my lanyard from my last P&O Cruise, and I wondered if I would need this for our first Celebrity cruise.

Can anyone tell me if the Celebrity sea pass thingie which records the Classic Drink Package orders etc.is the same as the plastic card which we're always used in the past to get on/off the ship and buy things with? :confused:

Not excited at all :D:D:D

Lurv

ratacake

Hi all,

As it's six weeks and three days to our cruise, naturally I thought it must be time to make some moves towards packing.... ;)

Anyway, I found my lanyard from my last P&O Cruise, and I wondered if I would need this for our first Celebrity cruise.

Can anyone tell me if the Celebrity sea pass thingie which records the Classic Drink Package orders etc.is the same as the plastic card which we're always used in the past to get on/off the ship and buy things with? :confused:

Not excited at all :D:D:D

Lurv

ratacake

Yeah Ratacake, the cruise lines are pretty well all the same. Cashless Cruising, with security checks etc thrown in. Its a well proven system that works.

I have used the lanyard just about on all our cruises, but nowadays I take a plastic envelope thingy that is pre punched and attached to lanyard. I put the card in this and then extract it as and when required.

Not sure if I would take a P&O lanyard on Celebrity tho... if you booked via a TA surely they would have sent you some Celebrity ones.

cheers

Have seen a few lanyards - it seems to be an Australian thing as on cruises with a more international passenger list, they are not in view as much. Personally I do not do the lanyard thing - I have a pocket and that does. I have a lanyard at work and do not want to wear one on holiday.

I don't think anyone will care what kind of lanyard you have if you want to keep your sea pass on one. Your P&O one would be fine. Actually, the TA's seem to send lanyards with their own names on them. Mine go straight to the round filling cabinet on the floor ;) On an RCI cruise last year the bling diamonte ones were very popular.

Have seen a few lanyards - it seems to be an Australian thing as on cruises with a more international passenger list, they are not in view as much. Personally I do not do the lanyard thing - I have a pocket and that does. I have a lanyard at work and do not want to wear one on holiday.

I don't think anyone will care what kind of lanyard you have if you want to keep your sea pass on one. Your P&O one would be fine. Actually, the TA's seem to send lanyards with their own names on them. Mine go straight to the round filling cabinet on the floor ;) On an RCI cruise last year the bling diamonte ones were very popular.

Also check ebay they have some nice glittery lanyards .

For any one who wears a langyard - take it off and put securely on your body somewhere when not on ship - it is a give away you are a tourist.

Yes I wear one - actually have several to suit different outfits but never wear it once off ship - in some countries you get hassled more if they think you are off those big ships.

I wear one for my work too. Cannot stand the idea of one for holidays. I wear it around my wrist when on board. Hidden when on shore! :)

Hi everyone,

Many, many thanks for all your helpful comments. I don't think our TA will send us any lanyards - they've been conspicuous by their silence since we booked this cruise in January. They sure didn't earn their commission and they're certainly not First with me!

MicCanberra, how can you think I'm the type of woman who plays Trivia, or gambles? I'm shocked! :confused: (But thanks for the tip!)

Hey, Team Alpha, don't you worry about me - I'll be there on Solstice in February with bells on, a cocktain in my hand, and a big smile on my face! Looking forward to spirited repartee with you (but before my 4th cocktail!) :D:D

Everyone else, good travels - may all your waves be little ones.

Lurv,

ratacake

Hi everyone,

Many, many thanks for all your helpful comments. I don't think our TA will send us any lanyards - they've been conspicuous by their silence since we booked this cruise in January. They sure didn't earn their commission and they're certainly not First with me!

MicCanberra, how can you think I'm the type of woman who plays Trivia, or gambles? I'm shocked! :confused: (But thanks for the tip!)

Hey, Team Alpha, don't you worry about me - I'll be there on Solstice in February with bells on, a cocktain in my hand, and a big smile on my face! Looking forward to spirited repartee with you (but before my 4th cocktail!) :D:D

Lurv,

ratacake

LOl, if you really find you need one, just bribe the CD ( a nice drink) for a special handout.:p

Edited by MicCanberra

Hi everyone,

Lurv,

ratacake

See you at the bar!

Thanks guys,

But I think Team Alpha just wants to make me tipsy ( your shout, guys) and a certain Public Servant from Canberra just wants me to spend money - I don't get paid as much as you! ;)

Anyway, if I did a poll I reckon it's about half and half for a lanyard so far, P&O or not........ :)

Lurv

Ratacake

Thanks guys,

But I think Team Alpha just wants to make me tipsy ( your shout, guys) and a certain Public Servant from Canberra just wants me to spend money - I don't get paid as much as you! ;)

Anyway, if I did a poll I reckon it's about half and half for a lanyard so far, P&O or not........ :)

Lurv

Ratacake

LOL, :D you don't need a lanyard, but you do want the drinks.:D