Some questions about Voyager of the Seas

Juju83

Hi everyone! My family has a cruise booked on the Voyager of the seas for November, departing from Sydney. It's our first time with RXCL and I was hoping someone could help out with some questions.

We are travelling in a large group of 8 cabins - does this entitle us to anything extra (not free stuff, just dining options as a large group or similar)?

Are there any theme nights? Our cruise is 7 nights long.

Does anyone have any feedback about the dreamworks experience?

Is there a sports bar?

Are there any 'extreme' type sport activities (zip line etc).

Any other helpful info would be great, we have lots of kids with us, from 18 months - 16 years old.

Thankyou so much for any answers everyone!!

Dreamworks - there are lots are opportunities for photos with the Dreamworks characters. Usually on the promenade and the times are listed in the Cruise Compass which is delivered to your cabin each night. There are also 2 Dreamworks Parades held on the promenade. We were 14 nights and had one at 10.30pm right at the start of the cruise and a 2nd one towards the end of the cruise at 5pm. The parade runs for about 15mins. Again, details will be listed in the Cruise Compass. One of shops on the promenade sells some dreamworks merchandise (mainly soft toys). There may be a Dreamworks breakfast at some point too (paid event). On return from one of our port days. the dreamworks characters also put on a show near the main pool for about 1/2 hour.

Activities - Flowrider, Rock climbing,basketball court, mini golf, ice skating (very small rink).

My teens enjoyed dining at Johnny Rockets. American diner with dancing waiters (small coverage charge).

There is also the ice-skating show which is very popular.

If it is still offered - cupcake decorating classes held in the cupcake cupboard next to the Windjammer Buffet. (paid event).

Hope that helps. We loved the Voyager. Have a great cruise.

Just off Voyager 4 days ago. We where on a 5 night cruise, they did a tropical night, white party and a formal night. 2 of our kids did the flowrider and they loved Johnny Rockets, you can ice skate as well. There are Dreamworks stuff everyday and the cupcake decoration is still offered.

You sound like a previous P&O passenger [emoji41] you will be amazed by RCI if you are.

Others have answered all your questions re Dreamworks, theme nights etc but just like to add that RCI don't seem to limit kids in their programmes, which is wonderful. There are "sports bars" too. Recommend soft drink packages for older kids then they aren't chasing you all day for a drink and they get souvenir mugs [emoji2] enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for your replies. I do have a couple moRe questions that we are getting conflicting answers to...

1. Can we purchase the beverage package after boarding? Does the price stay the same?

2. Can the beverage package be used all the time at all bars? Or are there certain hours?

3. Apparently the specialty restaurants don't take bookings of over 6, but we are a large group (8 cabins), so is there any flexibility with that??

Thanks again guys!

Thanks for your replies. I do have a couple moRe questions that we are getting conflicting answers to...

1. Can we purchase the beverage package after boarding? Does the price stay the same?

2. Can the beverage package be used all the time at all bars? Or are there certain hours?

3. Apparently the specialty restaurants don't take bookings of over 6, but we are a large group (8 cabins), so is there any flexibility with that??

Thanks again guys!

You can purchase the beverage package after boarding, but there's no guarantee the price will be the same. The beverage package can be used at a bar whenever it it open.

There was a sports bar in 2006. Voyager was our first cruise and I miss seeing here and hope you post pictures when you get back.

I am just off Voyager and in the midst of doing my review with Pics.

Name is at the bottom it is not a link (not tech savvy enough, but will work it out:))