Purchasing Cigarettes on Board

Chrisp414

Hi, the cost seems to vary, dont know why. But yes, you can buy them and bring them back to your cabin. They are cheaper the more you buy.

I got pal mals for my neighbor 2 cartons for $31 in Feb, but on Navigator, same ports, they only sold per carton for $18. (same company sells in the shops for both lines).

Marlboros were 2 for $57, but they had a special 3 for $75 I dont usually see, or 5 for $124. (those went up since last year).

Newports were the most onboard at 2 for $70 last time.

They might not have your husbands brand. How picky is he?

They had winstons last time that Im not sure they always have.

No problem here for me. Yes they can be purchased to smoke on the ship. I don't remember the exact costs but they are a lot cheaper. It seems like you can get a 4 carton box of Marlboro for $56. Don't hold me to that. they have a very limited variety. They also have some other brands by the carton.

Hope this helps

Gary & Rox

Don't forget duty on anything over a carton per person. Not sure how they work the case offered with some brands... LOL

One carton per person? I thought it was two per person. Maybe Customs changed it since the last time I bought cigarrettes on board.

Hi - can cigarettes be bought in the gift shop on board to be smoked while cruising? (I know, don't kill me - they are not for me - but for my husband - yuck. Also, does anyone know the cost of the cigarettes? Thanks.

You can purchase them per pack at the bar (we got them at the Lido bar) or buy cartons in the gift shop that sells tobacco and liquor. We bought the 2 cartons of Marlboro for $57 because they only had Pall Malls in full flavor or menthol at the time of our purchase. We took them to our cabin to be used for the remainder of our cruise.

This year, we'll have to stock up on ecigs to take with us since both DH and I have been "smoke" free since Thanksgiving.

Funny how people will drop this much money on cigarettes, but you would think the world is ending when they don't get a $10 price drop credit issued IMMEDIATELY.

there is always one in every bunch... your comment really was uncalled for!

You can purchase them per pack at the bar (we got them at the Lido bar) or buy cartons in the gift shop that sells tobacco and liquor. We bought the 2 cartons of Marlboro for $57 because they only had Pall Malls in full flavor or menthol at the time of our purchase. We took them to our cabin to be used for the remainder of our cruise.

This year, we'll have to stock up on ecigs to take with us since both DH and I have been "smoke" free since Thanksgiving.

Hello again! Thanks for all the prompt responses. I'm directly responding to this one because of the Marlboro Lights - which is what my husband smokes (so he'll be happy - yes, he is picky about the brand he smokes) and also to congratulate you two on quitting - I'm always telling him to try the e-cigs and he looks at me like I have two heads!!!

p.s. I am a reformed smoker myself. I know it's up to the individual to quit on their own (no one could force me before) I just wish he would - even our grandchildren ask him not to.

Just off the Breeze on Sunday, and I got (5) cartons of Marlboro Lights for $125. Here in CT, they are close to $80.00 per carton. Great deal!!!!

Woops - just noticed it was you who mentioned the Marlboro Lights - thanks for the info. But, I did want to congratulate the couple who quit and now do e-cigs.

As for the comment about the price drop and why spend so much on cigs - doesn't bother me - some people just like to interject their opinions even when not asked. Whatever.

Just remember you can on take 1 carton per person off, I ask them in Gift shop why they sell 5 cartons and they said you are suppose to smoke on board, Yes right. I got 5 cartons when I went to St Thomas

but did go declare them in customs, some people did not and they were stopped.

Up the the person what they want to try, because really I had never thought about it and had aways bought 5 cartons, cause they were no cheap. however now do not need them 4 years of non smoking.

:):):)

Woops - just noticed it was you who mentioned the Marlboro Lights - thanks for the info. But, I did want to congratulate the couple who quit and now do e-cigs.

As for the comment about the price drop and why spend so much on cigs - doesn't bother me - some people just like to interject their opinions even when not asked. Whatever.

I mentioned Marlboros .. and that they have limited amounts of each. So, if they look like they might be short the particular one he wants .. lights.. purchase it then.

They do run out of individual brands at times.

You can only take one carton off the ship after your cruise each.

Hello again! Thanks for all the prompt responses. I'm directly responding to this one because of the Marlboro Lights - which is what my husband smokes (so he'll be happy - yes, he is picky about the brand he smokes) and also to congratulate you two on quitting - I'm always telling him to try the e-cigs and he looks at me like I have two heads!!!

p.s. I am a reformed smoker myself. I know it's up to the individual to quit on their own (no one could force me before) I just wish he would - even our grandchildren ask him not to.

I didn't mention what kind of Marboro's, but it was the Lights that we purchased. They were still available on the 3rd day of our cruise, but as mentioned, there is a possibility that they could sell out sooner.

Thanks for the congrats. The best thing to do when switching to ecigs is buy several brands and figure out which he likes best. They all taste different and there are a few different strengths. There is also the refillable/rechargable kind such as a tank or cartomizer where you can try out the different liquids.

I just got off the Freedom Saturday.

Marlboro’s were 2 cartons for $50. Newports were 2 for $70 (those are the 2 I remember seeing).

I am not sure how the large 5 carton package can get through without duty as only 1 carton per person is allowed without paying duty I thought. Unless there were 5 in the party claiming 1 carton each I guess....

I just got off the Freedom Saturday.

Marlboro’s were 2 cartons for $50. Newports were 2 for $70 (those are the 2 I remember seeing).

I am not sure how the large 5 carton package can get through without duty as only 1 carton per person is allowed without paying duty I thought. Unless there were 5 in the party claiming 1 carton each I guess....

Thats cheaper than Ive ever seen them. I am usually on Conquest though.

I do hear the prices vary by itinerary.

Our neighbor smokes marboro, so Id love to find them 2 for $50.

IF you purchase your cigarettes in St. Thomas, you are each allowed five cartons. Coming back in February from our Freedom cruise, I had bought two cartons on the ship and five in St. Thomas. Going through customs, the lady ask me where I had bought them. I said St. Thomas and she waved us through.

The limit is 1 carton per person unless you had a stop in St. Thomas, American Samoa or Guam.

When I came home from Mexico in Feb I had 3 cartons. I had to pay duty on 2 of them, it was $10 each. Still much cheaper than buying at home.

Archived