New St. George's Area Shuttle Bus for St. David's Attractions

njhorseman

We used the #6 bus last year to go to Clearwater. The stop is at that parking lot right across the street from the beach.

We then we walked over to Turtle Bay and it was about 5 min and then another 5 min to the entrance to Cooper's.

We plan to do the same in a few weeks. The only issue is the #6 only comes by once and hour so you have to time it right.

Why not use the public pink #6 bus??

It worked fine for us.

I will be checking into this since it sounds like a better option. Thanks for the info.

We used the #6 bus last year to go to Clearwater. The stop is at that parking lot right across the street from the beach.

We then we walked over to Turtle Bay and it was about 5 min and then another 5 min to the entrance to Cooper's.

We plan to do the same in a few weeks. The only issue is the #6 only comes by once and hour so you have to time it right.

Good to hear. I'll definitely check into this. Thanks.

Does anyone know what the cost would be for a taxi from St Catherines Beach to Clearwater Beach? Then from Clearwater back to St George Ferry Terminal?

Will there be taxis easily available at both St Catherine and Clearwater? Thanks!!!

I don't know the approximate taxi fares off hand, but I would not expect taxis to be parked there waiting for passengers at those beaches.

St Catherine's is not far from Tobacco Bay. You could walk there and probably find a taxi. There were some there when we were there two years ago. If not I expect someone would call for you. It's quite a ways to St David's though. You could taxi to St George's and take the bus to Clearwater Beach ( you may or may not have to walk a bit from the drop point ). There was a restaurant there called Gombey's. They would be able to call for a taxi back to St George's.

Does anyone know what the cost would be for a taxi from St Catherines Beach to Clearwater Beach? Then from Clearwater back to St George Ferry Terminal?

Will there be taxis easily available at both St Catherine and Clearwater? Thanks!!!

The only thing I can offer is the experience we had from St Catherine's Beach....

It is located on the (what I would call) main road route in that area and there will be taxis "passing" by. The day we were there the same taxi driver just kept circling knowing that there were people there and other places along this road route. (If you read my recent review from our day there in June, you'll see that he circled several times while another family was waiting at the bus stop for the HOHO bus for over and hour and on the last round he offered to take them back into town...for free. He also offered to circle back around to get us if we were still waiting when he returned).

So...I don't know if this is the "norm" for them to just circle around and around.

A suggestion could be that Achilles Bay is right next door and you could go over there (there's a bar at the beach and a huge building with a restaurant and pool tables and restrooms) and have someone call for you.

Also, like it has been mentioned, you could walk over to Tobacco Bay and grab a cab there. We seen cabs back and forth there all day the day we were there. Plus, they also have a bar/restaurant that could call for you.

I haven't been to St Davids area yet, so can't offer advice on that but hope to find out myself this October. :)

I read on another social media site ;) that the beach at Achilles Bay is closed because of nesting turtles. I would check before heading there.

The bartenders at the beach bar will call you a cab at Clearwater. That's what we did when we went there. Of course you're going to buy a beer and rent stuff from them.:)

I read on another social media site ;) that the beach at Achilles Bay is closed because of nesting turtles. I would check before heading there.

The bartenders at the beach bar will call you a cab at Clearwater. That's what we did when we went there. Of course you're going to buy a beer and rent stuff from them.:)

I think a cab would cost us an arm and leg since there's 10 of us (and would take several cabs to get us all back). Any idea where you catch this #6 bus from in St George?

biker-where do you catch the #6 bus at from the St George area or the Visitors Center?

I like to use the bus stop across from Somers' Garden by the corner of Duke Of York Street and One Gun Alley. :cool:

Edited by biker@sea

The only thing I can offer is the experience we had from St Catherine's Beach....

It is located on the (what I would call) main road route in that area and there will be taxis "passing" by. The day we were there the same taxi driver just kept circling knowing that there were people there and other places along this road route. (If you read my recent review from our day there in June, you'll see that he circled several times while another family was waiting at the bus stop for the HOHO bus for over and hour and on the last round he offered to take them back into town...for free. He also offered to circle back around to get us if we were still waiting when he returned).

So...I don't know if this is the "norm" for them to just circle around and around.

A suggestion could be that Achilles Bay is right next door and you could go over there (there's a bar at the beach and a huge building with a restaurant and pool tables and restrooms) and have someone call for you.

Also, like it has been mentioned, you could walk over to Tobacco Bay and grab a cab there. We seen cabs back and forth there all day the day we were there. Plus, they also have a bar/restaurant that could call for you.

I haven't been to St Davids area yet, so can't offer advice on that but hope to find out myself this October. :)

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...