Packing day clothes

DesertRose01

There are a few threads asking what to wear in the evening, but I am more curious as to what people pack for the at-sea days. When I am on a resort, I'm only concerned with packing bathing suits and cover ups for myself and my boys, since we spend our days at the beach. However, what is the popular attire for lounging around the boat on at-sea days?

We just got off the getaway about 2 weeks ago. Wear what is comfortable to you. I got up in really cute PJ's and actually would walk down to the buffet with them on to grab my first cup of coffee with our 4 year old while the hubby slept. For the sea day durring the day I would wear my Bathing Suit with a cover up for pair of shorts and tank top over it. Everyone on the pool deck walks around in their suits - no shame. For lunch we'd throw cover up or shorts on to the buffet or one of us would go in and bring plates back to the lounger depending on how hungry everyone was. It really is your preference. Happy Cruising.

I favor sundresses with pockets. We don't hang out by the pool - hate sunbathing and really don't like to see others do that (mainly due to skin cancer concerns), but the people by the pool all have on swimsuits and they wear a cover up and flip flops or sandals when they go into the buffet or to other areas of the ship. I've seen some guests sans cover ups in the elevator and honestly, it looks out of place. Put your cover up on when visiting inside areas of the ship.

Well you didn't mention where you're from but when we left from NY it was cold, most people had on hoodies, sweats, flip flops with socks, just comfy/cozy wear. Its your vacation, whatever the weather just dress how you feel.

However, when you are entering certain dining establishments they may have certain rules on dress - on the Breakaway (not sure if this is all across the board) they made my brother wear "sleeves" to a sit down (free) dining place we went to for lunch 1 day so he had to put a shirt underneath it. NCL has a section about how to dress on their website to help you decide what to pack. The first day is "cruise casual" so you can wear whatever and be fine to dine anywhere.

I'm in a swimsuit/ coverup most of the day. Shorts, if not in a swim suit! Dresses can be a pain, because of the wind....stand near the rail, and your dress WILL blow up!

Not if it has a straight or slightly flared skirt.