Please put my mind at ease

malibudez

Hello all,

This is driving me nuts and I need some assurance. I have booked Cool Runnings private snorkel and catamaran. It is NOT a ship excursion. Now, I have never done a NON-ship excursion, and dread being left in Barbados. Not that it would be a bad thing, but my wife and 2 kids may not agree. I booked with them because the ship tour I wanted was already sold out. Now, come to find out, there are tickets remaining. Go figure. Anyway, tell me PLEASE, I have nothing to worry about before I change my mind and book the ships tour. :eek:

I booked everything through local tour companies! I never had an issue and these people take pride in their businesses. They both have plenty of reviews and I am sure you did plenty of research before even booking them! Trust your research and the reviews of many other CC'rs!! Have a great time and when you come back gloat about why it was the best tour ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheers!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just in case you are still following. My greatest experiences with private tours are in locations such as major European ports where an individualized port stay is developed after considerable reading. In these settings, you have the option of spending time in buildings, not driving by them! You don't want to experience everyone else's bathroom breaks, meals served to 40 people, and planned stops for tourist spending in souvenir ships, you don't have to! Often by selecting a private driver, you get private tour planning services as well. An experienced driver knows times and is well aware to return you to your ship an hour before scheduled departure. In the days of cell phones, even transportation problems can be easily solved. Suggestion: don't only pay attention to published schedule, but check at gangway for "return by" details. We have never missed any ship departure. Last summer our cruise to Norway included two ports where the best option was to lease our own coach for the day! (20 couples were with us and all were reliable participants as well.)

DJ:)