Houston Hotels

NavySis

You have to give us more to work with before anybody can really give you an answer. There are plenty of "safe" hotels around IAH that have shuttles to/from the airport if you are getting in the day/night before. If it is just you, than I would look into what transportation options your cruise line offers from the airport to the ship. (A taxi will not be cheap as the airport is north of Houston and the cruise port is east of Houston (near Pasadena).) Depending on what day/time your flight home is, you can just take cruise line transportation back to IAH and home you go.

• 2 weeks later...

flying into houston intl a day early

should we stay by the airport? but then how do we get to the port?

i want to try to get the most reasonable prices...its these little things that add so much money to a trip....and i am a single mom going with my 9 yr old

flying into houston intl a day early

should we stay by the airport? but then how do we get to the port?

i want to try to get the most reasonable prices...its these little things that add so much money to a trip....and i am a single mom going with my 9 yr old

You probably need to provide a bit more info.

Which airport? IAH (aka Bush) vs Hobby

Which cruise port? Bayport vs Galveston

Cruise ship and date might help, too.

We are staying at the Hampton Inn at the Airport and then taking their shuttle back to the airport and taking the Princess shuttle to the ship. Using the Princess shuttle to get back to the airport...

We're thinking of booking a Princess cruise out of Houston Bayport and would be driving down from Oklahoma. We want to find out about hotels close to the port that offer park and cruise options and also shuttles to and from the hotel to the ship. Any info from those in the know would be appreciated...We have cruised from Galveston many times before and there are several hotels that offer these options so figure that Houston Bayport would also have these services available.

thx...Sissy

Edited by SissyG

Someone (I'm sorry I can't remember who) posted this website on the Princess board that has some helpful information about hotels near Bayport:

http://www.visitbayareahouston.com/Cruising/Pre-and-Post-Cruise-Stay

Thanks for posting this. We are considering taking the Emerald Princess out of Houston this March and we have never embarked from Houston's port.

We're thinking of booking a Princess cruise out of Houston Bayport and would be driving down from Oklahoma. We want to find out about hotels close to the port that offer park and cruise options and also shuttles to and from the hotel to the ship. Any info from those in the know would be appreciated...We have cruised from Galveston many times before and there are several hotels that offer these options so figure that Houston Bayport would also have these services available.

thx...Sissy

La Quinta hobby airport has a park and cruise special

http://www.lq.com/en/special-deals/packages/details.us.tx.entertainment.cruise_stay_houston_.html?ident=20110110014546