Confused (AGAIN)

Jb-lhr

I admit I am easily confused, but, I have a question about the 'new' Aqualina. On one part of the Azamara website it says:

"Aqualina will switch between the classic menu guests know and love, and an exciting new Italian menu, every five days."

On another part of the website (in the interview with Chef Robert), it says:

"One of my first projects is to turn our Aqualina Specialty Restaurant into a Italian Specialty Restaurant with two different menus, changing every five days."

My question is ... is the 'old' menu alternating with a new Italian menu, OR are there two alternating new Italian menus? If the answer is a), I'd like to go twice, if the answer is b), once will suffice.

Does anyone know?

Thanks ... we leave for the Journey tomorrow!

John

I am posting from Journey so can help you out John.

We are on a ten night cruise. For the first five nights Aqualina offered its regular menu (which is different from the last time I was on the ship). It was delicious. After 5 days Aqualina changed to the new Italian menu. The offerings look wonderful and we are going to enjoy it tonight.

We have had a superb cruise on Journey and I hope you do too.

Hello Hazel,

Wow, that was quick. Thank you VERY much for that information. I guess we will be doing Chef's Table + 4 so we can take advantage of all the different options. You are in Gibraltar at the moment aren't you ... and it's raining??? What a shame. I know it won't dampen your enthusiasm however. Thanks again. John

PS - is Phil on that cruise as well?

Edited by Jb-lhr

Ann, thanks for that. I knew he was 'away' and that he was on Azamara, but forgot he was on one of his favourites ... through the Suez Canal! May I say, we are soooo excited about our cruise on Sunday? When are you next off?

John

I am posting from Journey so can help you out John.

We are on a ten night cruise. For the first five nights Aqualina offered its regular menu (which is different from the last time I was on the ship). It was delicious. After 5 days Aqualina changed to the new Italian menu. The offerings look wonderful and we are going to enjoy it tonight.

We have had a superb cruise on Journey and I hope you do too.

Please try to tell us what you think and what you tasted.. No one has posted that yet.. i am so looking forward to the new Italien menu. also how different is the other menu.. I was on in August and did not notice changes in that menu. Thank you!

Hello Hazel,

Wow, that was quick. Thank you VERY much for that information. I guess we will be doing Chef's Table + 4 so we can take advantage of all the different options. You are in Gibraltar at the moment aren't you ... and it's raining??? What a shame. I know it won't dampen your enthusiasm however. Thanks again. John

PS - is Phil on that cruise as well?

It was raining earlier but our sea day yesterday was beautiful. We had bright blue skies and wonderful sunshine. And Captain Johannes promises us a lovely sunny day in Malaga tomorrow.

I had an email from Phil yesterday. He is having a wonderful time on Quest.

Please try to tell us what you think and what you tasted.. No one has posted that yet.. i am so looking forward to the new Italien menu. also how different is the other menu.. I was on in August and did not notice changes in that menu. Thank you!

Lottie A is going to take a picture of the new menu and will post it when we get home.

She tried the Limoncello Soufflé the other night and thought it was superb. We will let you know what we think once we have had dinner tonight. My guess is that it is going to be good.

Lottie A is going to take a picture of the new menu and will post it when we get home.

She tried the Limoncello Soufflé the other night and thought it was superb. We will let you know what we think once we have had dinner tonight. My guess is that it is going to be good.

Oh boy! Can't wait. I thought the Grand Marnier soufflé was terrific but a Limoncello souffle sounds amazing!