Beverage Package Question

When you order a drink at a bar, in the restaurant, or in any lounge, with any prepaid drink package, are you required to sign a paper tab or receipt, or not? Always seems to be confusion on some posts on this!:confused:

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Depends on the ship, bar server, phase of the moon, etc.

No confusion on the posts, just that some have had different experiences, often on the same ship during the same cruise. No definitive answer to your question.

Exactly. On our last cruise, we didn't even have consistency at the same bar w/same bartender...sometimes a slip, sometimes not. We were less likely to get a slip when it was busy, which makes sense.

It has been awhile since I purchased our beverage package and can't remember if the tip was included are not. I was thinking it was before but now I am second guessing myself and don't want to mislead my husband. Was reading this thread and thought I would just ask on here. So tips included or not?

It has been awhile since I purchased our beverage package and can't remember if the tip was included are not. I was thinking it was before but now I am second guessing myself and don't want to mislead my husband. Was reading this thread and thought I would just ask on here. So tips included or not?

If you have bought a vlbeverage package, gratuity has been figures into the total cost. You do not need to add anything extra at time of actually getting your drinks. However, as always, if someone is giving excellent service, of course additional gratuities are welcome and appreciated.

15% will be added to the price of the package at the time you purchase the package.

With the exception of the Hot Dog House out on the boardwalk, I was given a "$0.00 charge" receipt to sign with every single beverage on my previous Allure cruise. Even in the MDR when I would order 4 or 5 drinks during dinner, the bar attendant would have a stack of receipts waiting for me to sign at the end.

I just signed them and that was it. It was my understanding that gratuities were already included in the $385 I paid for the package. I didn't bother to leave an additional tip.