Royal Caribbean "Glitch" Cancelling Reservation

Has anyone had an issue of Royal Caribbean having a "glitch" in their system resulting in your reservation being completely cancelled? This has happened twice this week to my upcoming cruise on September 28th. Even though we paid in full months ago, RC keeps cancelling my reservation. My travel agent is on the phone with RC once again but I am extremely nervous that when we go to board it will be cancelled AGAIN.

The first time it was cancelled my travel agent through Explore Cruise & Travel called to notify me. She let me know all of the extras I purchased were cancelled and being refunded: spa days, beverage packages, and dining reservations. I started to receive the credits and went to the RC website to add those items and services back and found I had no reservation. It was cancelled again. My cabin was even available for booking again. I called Explore Cruise & Travel and confirmed it was indeed cancelled. Explore is working with RC's IT department to get it corrected. RC's IT person is saying it is a glitch on their side. UGH! I did ask about possibly getting a new booking number to see if that helps. I am very concerned that when we go to board it will be cancelled again.

Also affected by "glitch"...I received an email telling me I should order luggage tags. Silly me, I sail in 77 days so I thought maybe they had them ready to print already. Went in everything looked okay... looked at luggage tag area, not ready, hit back button and BOOM!!! Message saying I had changed packing info (not) or something and I had a balance due of an additional $953!!!! Sent email & will call on Monday (while supervisors and people with power to FIX things are working).

I'm about fed up with the Visa Points. I know that is what did it... seriously thinking about gradually switching to Sam's Clubs card that gives 3% on travel, 2% on gas & 1% on other purchases. The only reason I haven't so far is the credit limit I have and 3% on shipboard purchases.

At least I still show having a cruise! And it isn't a guarantee with a lower cabin assignment... sheesh. RCI... FIX the darn computers!!!!! Makes you worry about the safety of your information, doesn't it?

This happened to us a few weeks ago for our cruise to Australia. My mom happened to notice a ton of credits to her credit card, so I called. They cancelled our room and refunded all the money, but kept 25% for late cancel. So I called them and they could not figure out why our room was cancelled. I called our TA and they still showed our trip booked. By the time we figured it all out, there was only the Royal Family Suite, we were in a balcony room. So we got the upgrade, plus they paid the extra tips. They offered a bottle of wine, which I declined (deathly allergic, seriously). I called back to RC and told them that I have spent over 3 hours at that point to fix it and was very stressed since we had paid $7K in airfare and $500 hotel and $200 in visas that all could have been lost had we not figured it out. After talking to the resolutions department, we got $350 in OBC to comp me for my time as I had to go back in and do the online checkin, book shore excursions, etc... so it was going to cost me about another hour of my time.

I would expect that from Carnival, but not RC, You can bet that I check that reservation twice a day! Make sure that get something for your time. I know how stressful it can be. Not a great way to start a trip.

This is frustrating & scary. I keep expecting a post by someone who arrives at port with documents in hand & are told they have no reservation & there no available cabins.. A big part of my excitement for my upcoming cruise has been replaced with concern that I will be that person! It's not just from reading what is happening to others, but my own experience with having my payments dropped & receiving emails with incorrect information. I check my booking more than once every day to assure myself that it hasn't been cancelled. I am very aware of the advice everyone is offering of how to sign on the site to access my booking or to call RCI if I need to make changes, however, I had not made any change when my issue occurred, so I don't believe anyone really knows what is causing the problems or how to prevent them from happening. I accept that mistakes can happen but this is not just human error, but a flaw in the system that needs to be fixed NOW!

It is very frustrating. We should be excited about this upcoming trip. But seriously I am stressed out and worried. Part of me does not even want to deal with this anymore. I have to track the credits coming to be sure they are correct. In fact, I am still waiting on over $1500 in credits from the first booking that was cancelled. Now I have a new set of credits to watch for so I can book everything for a third time. This is totally unacceptable and a horrible experience they are providing. Ugh!

I definitely recommend checking your reservation daily. Also, keep some credit handy in case you have to re-book your cruise. RC now owes me $2802 in refunds from the first two cancellations as a result of their "glitch." And I had to pay the cruise in full AGAIN today. I also have to go back on-line and purchase spa services, dining reservations, and beverage packages for the THIRD time. The travel agent is trying to get us some compensation for our inconvenience, but who knows. At this point, I'm convinced they do not want me or my money on their ship.

You know how Carnival has it's mascot, Funship Freddy? If Royal had one, they really ought to name it "Glitch". I wonder what it would look like?

How about an iPad or other tablet with a cracked screen?:rolleyes:

I haven't had a cruise cancel on me (yet) but if I touch a reservation that has special faring (e.g. BOGOHO), even if it's just to waitlist a cabin within the same category, it ends up being refared. It's a disgrace.

I definitely recommend checking your reservation daily. Also, keep some credit handy in case you have to re-book your cruise. RC now owes me $2802 in refunds from the first two cancellations as a result of their "glitch." And I had to pay the cruise in full AGAIN today. I also have to go back on-line and purchase spa services, dining reservations, and beverage packages for the THIRD time. The travel agent is trying to get us some compensation for our inconvenience, but who knows. At this point, I'm convinced they do not want me or my money on their ship.

That is just awful. We had a cruise that would re-price every time I went into it, but your case is much worse than that. Good thing you only have a couple of weeks to go.

I would expect that from Carnival, but not RC, You can bet that I check that reservation twice a day! Make sure that get something for your time. I know how stressful it can be. Not a great way to start a trip.

I wouldn't expect that from any cruise line. They have the $$$ to fix these issues. The fact that this is a continued issue on RCI is ludicrous, IMO.

Has anyone had an issue of Royal Caribbean having a "glitch" in their system resulting in your reservation being completely cancelled? This has happened twice this week to my upcoming cruise on September 28th. Even though we paid in full months ago, RC keeps cancelling my reservation. My travel agent is on the phone with RC once again but I am extremely nervous that when we go to board it will be cancelled AGAIN.

Had the same thing happen to us and guess what, we are on the same cruise as y'all - the 9/28 Navigator cruise!!! RCL sent my TA a fax at 11:21 Fri night telling her my cruise had been cancelled due to nonpayment, of course cruise had been paid in full months ago. We are doing a b2b 9/21 & 9/28 and are problem happened after our TA called to have our reservations linked. RCL's great computer system repriced the cruise and said we owed $918. My TA has spent hours on the phone with RC getting this mess straightened out. Hopefully, the problem is fixed, but feel as you do, scared to death this will happen again. We should be excited about our upcoming cruises but my gut just feels sick every time I think about what if. Praying all goes well for both of us!

Carla

So far, so good. Thank goodness my TA is on top of things. Explore Cruise and Travel have been phenomenal. I tweeted my disappointment and received a call from RC's media team. It seems several people are keeping an eye on the reservation. I'm still disappointed this has taken so much time to resolve along with the emotional roller coaster. Hopefully it is smooth sailing here on out. (Pun intended.)