Celebrity refund time line

tootielove2cruise

• 2 months later...

I was told to allow 7 - 14 days for refund to be processed, it is now 17days, still no refund to my account. TA rang Celebrity and they said it would be returned within another 7 - 10 days. I am absolutely disgusted, after all it is not a two bit outfit, they should be ashamed. What can little Joe do ?

When a refund comes direct from Celebrity (booked with Celebrity) it usually only takes a few days, but you've booked using a TA, why aren't they refunding you? Your booking is with them. I think you might find out it's them that's causing your delay.

When a refund comes direct from Celebrity (booked with Celebrity) it usually only takes a few days, but you've booked using a TA, why aren't they refunding you? Your booking is with them. I think you might find out it's them that's causing your delay.

I am fairly certain that my Celebrity deposit via a TA goes to Celebrity.

Is it different for you or do you always book direct?

Of course it goes to celebrity but your contract is with your TA, delays can be caused by them and not celebrity or not just celebrity. Refunds can be quicker when not going through a third party.

I would be expecting my travel agent to have refunded it themselves. There are a lot of variables here which may alter things but when I was due a refund after I'd made final payment to the TA but the celebrity final payment wasn't yet due, I was refunded on the same day by my TA.

Edited by DebbieMacG

Of course it goes to celebrity but your contract is with your TA, delays can be caused by them and not celebrity or not just celebrity. Refunds can be quicker when not going through a third party.

I would be expecting my travel agent to have refunded it themselves. There are a lot of variables here which may alter things but when I was due a refund after I'd made final payment to the TA but the celebrity final payment wasn't yet due, I was refunded on the same day by my TA.

Makes sense if the final payment has not actually been made to Celebrity. It must work different for my TA. As far as I can tell from my credit card summary my charges/monies never go to my TA so there is nothing for them to refund. My charges (deposit and final payment) always show has been a direct Celebrity charge.

Since then the TA has to be the one to cancel the cruise they can always be a source of delay.

Does your CC bill actually show a charge to

your TA? And when they refunded your money does the CC show as a refund from

your TA?

If yes, I prefer all charges and credits being directly from Celebrity. I am always afraid that the TA might go out of business before

Celebrity gets the money.

Edited by jagoffee

Yes when I book with a TA the deposit and final payment are paid to the TA, it's the TAs name that appears on the statement, when I booked with Celebrity it says Celebrity rather than the TA name. I wouldn't book with any TA not covered by ABTA (so you get your money back if there's an issue) but myself and at least one other person who asked about refunds are in the UK, so maybe that's why there is a difference? :)

Edited by DebbieMacG

Yes when I book with a TA the deposit and final payment are paid to the TA, it's the TAs name that appears on the statement, when I booked with Celebrity it says Celebrity rather than the TA name. I wouldn't book with any TA not covered by ABTA (so you get your money back if there's an issue) but myself and at least one other person who asked about refunds are in the UK, so maybe that's why there is a difference? :)

I am US based so that would certainly explain the difference between our experiences. I know there are some TA in the US that collect the monies directly, but it is certainly uncommon.

I have started to use the Tapatalk ap for CC and I missed that you were UK based. I cannot see anyway on Tapatalk to see the individual profiles like on CC.

Thank you for taking the time to explain the differences.

I am US based so that would certainly explain the difference between our experiences. I know there are some TA in the US that collect the monies directly, but it is certainly uncommon.

I have started to use the Tapatalk ap for CC and I missed that you were UK based. I cannot see anyway on Tapatalk to see the individual profiles like on CC.

Thank you for taking the time to explain the differences.

No problem :)