Mariner Tahiti to Tahiti, Dec 8, 2014

forevertravel

We boarded the Mariner in Tahiti two days ago. So far the Mariner has been as wonderful as we remember. The food and service has been great. The wine keeps on being poured and if we don't like what's being served we can get something different. Our butler is wonderful and I love the new carpeting and furniture. The ship looks beautiful. I don't see anything like the negative postings a few weeks back. It's been great to reconnect with crew members we have cruised with before. The only negative is the weather but there is nothing we can do about it. The captain is Felice and the CD Lorraine.

We boarded the Mariner in Tahiti two days ago. So far the Mariner has been as wonderful as we remember. The food and service has been great. The wine keeps on being poured and if we don't like what's being served we can get something different. Our butler is wonderful and I love the new carpeting and furniture. The ship looks beautiful. I don't see anything like the negative postings a few weeks back. It's been great to reconnect with crew members we have cruised with before. The only negative is the weather but there is nothing we can do about it. The captain is Felice and the CD Lorraine.

forever travel: I agree, the food and service has been wonderful, the breads and pastries are very good. The Executive Chef is Aurelien and the Pastry Chef Arnaud, both doing a good job. Hopefully they will repeat the French Bistro Night an alternative to Sette Mari, I enjoyed the different venues. Wines are indeed, being freely poured, and more choices are available. The Head Sommelier, Zhivko Narlev, as well as the other sommeliers are getting to know the passengers and working very hard to match wines to passenger tastes. I have heard that this cruise has more passengers than LA to Papeete, Angie

I agree with the fellow posters - we're having a fine time. It's great to reconnect with such wonderful staff. We even tracked down our old steward Bernadette who nearly burst into tears when she saw us. Zhivko has been dangerously welcoming - a hard person to say no to. He even wants to put liqueurs on your poolside ice-creams.

The internet is a huge improvement from our trip last year. Destinations have been most accommodating and the coffee has been quite well made.

The Block Party is in a few minutes and I look forward to meeting our fellow travellers. There's a large contingent of French passengers and a relaxed feel on board.

I don't miss Park West one iota and the renovations look quite stunning. The public areas are decorated in beautiful local flowers and the kitchen is working its way through a huge yellow fin tuna supplied yesterday, freshly caught. Life is good!:)

The Head Sommelier, Zhivko Narlev

Hi Angie,

Could you please find out if Zhivko will be the Head Sommelier in Feb next year.

Glad you are having a great time, counting down the days to joining the ship.

Cheers!

I agree with the fellow posters - we're having a fine time. It's great to reconnect with such wonderful staff. We even tracked down our old steward Bernadette who nearly burst into tears when she saw us. Zhivko has been dangerously welcoming - a hard person to say no to. He even wants to put liqueurs on your poolside ice-creams.

The internet is a huge improvement from our trip last year. Destinations have been most accommodating and the coffee has been quite well made.

The Block Party is in a few minutes and I look forward to meeting our fellow travellers. There's a large contingent of French passengers and a relaxed feel on board.

I don't miss Park West one iota and the renovations look quite stunning. The public areas are decorated in beautiful local flowers and the kitchen is working its way through a huge yellow fin tuna supplied yesterday, freshly caught. Life is good!:)

Just a note on the tuna. Our last stop, Bora Bora before Papeete on previous cruise. We watched the chef bring aboard 5 Yellow Fin Tuna that day. Was on menu that night. Nice to see it us being used well.

So glad to hear all these positives about the Mariner. We will be boarding February 14 in Papeete. I'm ready now, as the weather has turned cold!

Hi Angie,

Could you please find out if Zhivko will be the Head Sommelier in Feb next year.

Glad you are having a great time, counting down the days to joining the ship.

Cheers!

Gwain6, I am sorry but I don't have a definite answer for you. It is my understanding that Zhivko's current schedule is somewhat fluid and is subject to change. Tomorrow, a sea day, we will be doing "Walk Around the World of Wines" (wine tasting). Angie

Gwain6, I am sorry but I don't have a definite answer for you. It is my understanding that Zhivko's current schedule is somewhat fluid and is subject to change. Tomorrow, a sea day, we will be doing "Walk Around the World of Wines" (wine tasting). Angie

Not a problem enjoy the walk around tomorrow!