Just back from the Escape

debnjoe1438

Just back from my cruise on the Escape. I've seen where many folks ask about feeling the ships movement. I felt the ships moving/rocking more often than not. It wasn't bad, just there.

We had an inside cabin which happened to have beds for 4. This was the smallest inside cabin I have ever been in. DH and I could not stand up straight and walk along the side of the bed. There may have been 6 inches from the wall to the side of the bed. (generally not a problem) The beds on the wall took up 4 to 5 inches. I bumped my head and shoulders on the upper bed a few times. As for storage, not much. There was a closet with four shelves on the inside. (The safe was on one.) All other insides have had drawers in the desk/vanity. This one DID NOT. If I ever go the one Escape again it will not be in an inside.

The ship is beautiful, entertainment great as always on NCL and the food, some things better than others. Service in the main dinning room, sometimes great and sometimes not as great. At breakfast one day in Taste the hostess did more for our table than the waiter. It was busy that morning. Not sure if the waiter forgot about us or was just busy and overwhelmed.

Not impressed with the new menus. Just a matter of taste I suppose.

At any rate it was a wonderful cruise.:D

Did they have a seafood night for dinner in any of the restaurants? We're there any particular events that you'd recommend? Thanks!

Just off the Escape in January. They had a seafood buffet one night. The shrimp were nice, but son and DH were disappointed there were no crab legs as on the Getaway. I guess that is part of the new NCL "enhanced menus"? I did see O'Sheehans had some sort of fish basket one night. Don't know about the MDRs, but the specialty restaurants had various fish dishes including lobster and scallops. There were always various fish dishes in the buffet on any night, probably in the MDRs as well.

Edited by punkincc

Just back from my cruise on the Escape. I've seen where many folks ask about feeling the ships movement. I felt the ships moving/rocking more often than not. It wasn't bad, just there.

We had an inside cabin which happened to have beds for 4. This was the smallest inside cabin I have ever been in. DH and I could not stand up straight and walk along the side of the bed. There may have been 6 inches from the wall to the side of the bed. (generally not a problem) The beds on the wall took up 4 to 5 inches. I bumped my head and shoulders on the upper bed a few times. As for storage, not much. There was a closet with four shelves on the inside. (The safe was on one.) All other insides have had drawers in the desk/vanity. This one DID NOT. If I ever go the one Escape again it will not be in an inside.

The ship is beautiful, entertainment great as always on NCL and the food, some things better than others. Service in the main dinning room, sometimes great and sometimes not as great. At breakfast one day in Taste the hostess did more for our table than the waiter. It was busy that morning. Not sure if the waiter forgot about us or was just busy and overwhelmed.

Not impressed with the new menus. Just a matter of taste I suppose.

At any rate it was a wonderful cruise.:D

On any ships, if you must book an inside, DON'T book the one for 4 ppl! ;)

Edited by bluesea777

Did they have a seafood night for dinner in any of the restaurants? We're there any particular events that you'd recommend? Thanks!

I don't remember any specific seafood nights, however that does not mean there was not one.

The shows After Midnight and Million Dollar Quartet were great. Other than the Cruise staff shows, we really didn't go to any of the events. However if you like to party and dance, the 70's party and Glow looked to be great. Joe and I went one deck above Spice H2O and watched for awhile.

On any ships, if you must book an inside, DON'T book the one for 4 ppl! ;)

We only have 3, but I couldn't imagine spending my one week of vacation in a cabin that small for the 3 of us (and we like each other). I might do it for a free/cheap weekend cruise, but not for a longer cruise. I didn't love the extra $ for the balcony, but I didn't have one regret about that decision during the cruise.

Edited by Nola26

What deck do you board the escape, and where exactly on that deck? Does it vary by terminal? Thanks!

Even numbered floors use Terminal C, odd number floors use Terminal B. Both board in the same location on Deck 7 near the forward atrium stairs and elevators.