Yacht Club Butler

bradleyk

As of April 2015, all Penthouses and Royal Suites in Celebrity ships come with unlimited premium beverage and unlimited specialty restaurant packages. (They actually started offering us the aforesaid amenities in August 2014 during our stay in PH 6148 on the Millennium and thereafter). They have also introduced Luminae, a highly regarded private restaurant for suite guests. However, it's true that they still don't have a pool, a private gated entry and other lounge areas (besides the Michael's Club) reserved for suite guests.

Thats good to know our last cruise with them was either 2012 or 2013 I am glad they finally did something like that. I wish I could remember our Butlers name we were also on the Millennium he was really a great Butler.

I hope you realize that the Celebrity M Class Penthouse Suite balcony alone is 3-4 times the sizes of the so-called Royal Suites (both indoor and outdoor space included) on the MSC ships. The latter doesn't have a pantry, doesn't have a powder room (much less a full-sized 2nd bathroom), doesn't have a baby grand piano......

Even the S class Penthouse suites, with the smaller balcony than the counterparts in the M class, are still several times the sizes of the MSC Royal Suites.

I heard so much hype about the Yacht Club until I took a cursory glance at the dimensions and specs. For those of us accustomed to the spaciousness of the M class Penthouse suites on Celebrity and the Garden Villas on NCL ships (or even the smaller Wintergarden suites on Seabourn ships), it's staggering to imagine one can downsize this much and still be happy.

We did book two cruises on MSC and we have the Royal Suite for both, I know that the Divina is not large but we booked on the Seaside Royal Suite that will be much better. You are right I would never book less than the Royal on MSC.

As of April 2015, all Penthouses and Royal Suites in Celebrity ships come with unlimited premium beverage and unlimited specialty restaurant packages. (They actually started offering us the aforesaid amenities in August 2014 during our stay in PH 6148 on the Millennium and thereafter). They have also introduced Luminae, a highly regarded private restaurant for suite guests. However, it's true that they still don't have a pool, a private gated entry and other lounge areas (besides the Michael's Club) reserved for suite guests.

..between the cruiselines.

For what you save on MSC you could do several cruises.

For those that do not like the smaller Yacht Club cabins, get the YC2 or YC3 like we do. The cost is not that much more.

These cabins are huge.

We tried really hard to get a Y2 or Y3 when we aren't flexible on the date of departure. We are coming from the larger NCL suites to MSC and the cabin size worries me. However, on NCL the food quality was going down (even specialty restaurants) and the price of the drinks were going up that we started look elsewhere. If the private lounges are great, I think the cabin size will be fine.

As for the butlers, we use our butler a lot. I have no concerns if they unpack us. They see my clothes when cleaning the cabin anyway. I figure we are paying to have a butler, why wouldn't I use their services. And they have made our vacations so much more relaxing and fun. I love having a butler. We really missed one on the HAL trip we did over the summer.

We tried really hard to get a Y2 or Y3 when we aren't flexible on the date of departure. We are coming from the larger NCL suites to MSC and the cabin size worries me. However, on NCL the food quality was going down (even specialty restaurants) and the price of the drinks were going up that we started look elsewhere. If the private lounges are great, I think the cabin size will be fine.

As for the butlers, we use our butler a lot. I have no concerns if they unpack us. They see my clothes when cleaning the cabin anyway. I figure we are paying to have a butler, why wouldn't I use their services. And they have made our vacations so much more relaxing and fun. I love having a butler. We really missed one on the HAL trip we did over the summer.

I agree with you totally, we also utilize our Butler that's why we travel we will pay the extra cost. We are on vacation, I don't want to lift a finger I like being catered to. We are lucky because we are retired and have great flexibility so we get what we want.

The YC butlers are worth their weight in gold. Not only do they do everything you want, but they're probably among the hardest working staff on the ship.

Regarding suite size, I think the YC1 deluxe suites are fine for two persons, even on long cruises. They have all the space we've ever needed.

Have to admit, I thought about doing this for our last couple of cruises. I really don't like unpacking (always have to pack and unpack for DH too :mad:), but I'm also a freak about having everything organized and unpacked as soon as we get into our room, whether a hotel, cabin, etc. so I can start relaxing asap. After our last cruise though, I seriously doubt I'll ever ask a butler do it as I found packing cubes make it so much easier to pack and unpack :). I organized outfits and underwear in multiple cubes with different colored cubes for DH, so when we got to our cabin I just hung up the clothes that needed it and then placed the other cubes into the drawers with the tops opened to easily access whatever we needed.

Please tell me more about these cubes! :)

The YC butlers are worth their weight in gold. Not only do they do everything you want, but they're probably among the hardest working staff on the ship.

Regarding suite size, I think the YC1 deluxe suites are fine for two persons, even on long cruises. They have all the space we've ever needed.

I agree about the Butlers we have the Royal suite on both up and coming cruise I think that will be fine for the two of us.

Hey Mike!

Do they fit in the drawers? Where did you find them? Oh duh...I see the link :P

We're in the YC on the July 2nd sailing. CAN'T WAIT!!

Edited by FLAMOM24

Hey Mike!

Do they fit in the drawers? Where did you find them? Oh duh...I see the link :P

We're in the YC on the July 2nd sailing. CAN'T WAIT!!

Yes,,,they absolutely fit in the drawers. YC on July 2nd ha??? We booked the YC onboard Seaside for April 21st 2018,,,really looking forward to the new ship and MSC's new private island Ocean Cay!!

Yes,,,they absolutely fit in the drawers. YC on July 2nd ha??? We booked the YC onboard Seaside for April 21st 2018,,,really looking forward to the new ship and MSC's new private island Ocean Cay!!

Fun! Kim and her hubby are booked in the YC on the Seaside for NYE 2017. Maybe by then, I'll be able to talk mine into doing the YC. :D

YC2 or YC3 like we do. The cost is not that much more.

These cabins are huge.

YC2s or YC3s are perhaps huge by your standards. They are tiny and cramped by ours.

I will give you some numerical perspectives. On NCL ships, even when traveling solo, H3 Owner Suites (at about 800 sq ft), twice the sizes of your favorite YC2, is as low as I would go.

And the YC2s aren't even in the Yacht Club, having been banished to a much lower floor.

In my original post on this thread, I was cautioning NurseBob that YC3 (Royal Suites) is but 1/8th the sizes of the Penthouse Suite that he was accustomed to on Celebrity.

Edited by Kinofdc

Thats good to know our last cruise with them was either 2012 or 2013 I am glad they finally did something like that. I wish I could remember our Butlers name we were also on the Millennium he was really a great Butler.

I think you had Nelson on that cruise. He was taking care of the other Penthouse on the Century in late October 2014 on a New Caledonia, Vanuatu cruise when I had Santosso as my butler on the port side Penthouse. Celebrity has since sold the Century.

I think you had Nelson on that cruise. He was taking care of the other Penthouse on the Century in late October 2014 on a New Caledonia, Vanuatu cruise when I had Santosso as my butler on the port side Penthouse. Celebrity has since sold the Century.

Thats his name thank you he was great.

• 2 months later...

I was in the Haven and unpacked my own bags but I am almost thinking I would like to put my undies in one bag and ask him not to unpack those and then do all the rest for us - I guess I will decide when I get onboard sometimes we are just hanging around the room momentarily and I unpack while hubby is snoozing or something

Great idea, we have to get those cubes.

I have to give credit to fellow CC members as I'd never heard of them. Now I can't imagine traveling without them :).

They are wonderful. I ordered them for the last cruise and DH laughed at me. Now, he ordered 7 of different sizes. E Bags dot Com or amazon has eBags! So much better than those space bags. Discount is much better on E bags though.

..between the cruiselines.

For what you save on MSC you could do several cruises.

For those that do not like the smaller Yacht Club cabins, get the YC2 or YC3 like we do. The cost is not that much more.

These cabins are huge.

So right - I'm able to B2B cruises or a couple a year because of price and I really love the YC. I'm not in the cabin much and as long as the bathroom is nice, a decent size and best of all the water pressure in the shower is fantastic.... thats all that matters. I've done a suite on NCL - gotta say I like the YC better.

• 3 months later...

Two things...this is also our first MSC cruise and first butler. AND, I love those packing cubes also. Made it so much easier to just pull them out of the suitcase and fit into drawers and my clothes never touched anything but the cube. And, upon return, all dirty clothes were separate from clean. We are so excited to try Seaside!