Bringing Bottle of wine on board

Fishymom

We have a little set-up we bring onboard with a cork screw, wine stopper, and foil cutter in a baggie. I am usually the only one having a glass of wine with dinner and I have the rest later;) I have brought an open bottle with me to the dining room which staff placed in ice during the meal. I refuse to pay a corkage fee so this is a simple solution that I know many others use as well.

I usually drank mine on the balcony before dinner. I did take some out with me around the ship a couple times but per the rules thats actually not allowed. I brought a glass but there were a couple wine glasses in the room already. Wait staff around the ship will clear your glass if empty so pay attention if it was yours.

We have a little set-up we bring onboard with a cork screw, wine stopper, and foil cutter in a baggie. I am usually the only one having a glass of wine with dinner and I have the rest later;) I have brought an open bottle with me to the dining room which staff placed in ice during the meal. I refuse to pay a corkage fee so this is a simple solution that I know many others use as well.

You do realize they can change you the corkage fee for bringing your bottle to the MDR regardless of who or where you popped the cork. A corkage fee has nothing to do with a cork.

"At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room or in the steakhouse."

I did take some out with me around the ship a couple times but per the rules thats actually not allowed. .

What rule is that (other than no glass on Lido deck)?

The "Corkage Fee" has nothing to do with them "opening" the wine bottle; it's the bringing of a bottle not purchased (in this case from Carnival). If you bring a bottle, open or not, to MDR or Steakhouse you May (or may not) be charged the corkage fee. some Dining Rooms reportedly require their servers to charge the fee others are lax. ken

You do realize they can change you the corkage fee for bringing your bottle to the MDR regardless of who or where you popped the cork. A corkage fee has nothing to do with a cork.

"At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room or in the steakhouse."

YorN and Ken076,

I guess they just looked at this nice old lady and said never mind, let her enjoy her wine. :D Very true it reads consume but I did not get charged a corkage fee and the server brought a wine bucket. I appreciated the service very much. Should they wish to charge I would just gracefully return to my cabin and open the bottle myself and pour myself a glass.

We bring the awesome little stemless plastic wine glasses that they sell for use onboard boats. Then we just take a glass to dinner each night.

They really look nice but I don't have to worry about breakage or them taking the glasses by mistake.

Best purchase we ever made for the drinking wine onboard:D

You can get wine glasses at any bar, and a plastic bucket with ice. Last May, on Pride, the cabin stewards had both red and white glasses on their cart every day and once I used mine, they started replacing them, just like water glasses.

I take my carry-on wine, but I also always purchase a wine package. The first night, I order a bottle of white and red. That way, there is always something already waiting for me when I arrive. If I run out of the wine in my cabin, I just get an extra bottle from the wine package and take it back to the cabin.

You also don't need to take a corkscrew. You can borrow one from a bar or ask for one from room service.

What rule is that (other than no glass on Lido deck)?

Maybe they are referring to the rule regarding room service or bon voyage alcohol purchases..

The Fun Shops or Room Service:

Alcohol orders made through The Fun Shops or Room Service are not permitted to be taken to any location outside of the approved delivery locations specified for those products at the time of purchase. These programs are designed for in-cabin entertaining or in-dining consumption only. Consumption in public areas is strictly prohibited.

I have not seen a rule concerning the wine you bring on board. I also have never seen carnival inforce the alcohol rule about only consuming in the cabin

If I am drinking my wine that I brought on board, I simply pour myself a glass and take it with me to the dining room.

When we consume our bon voyage alcohol, we usually make a drink in our room in our tervis tumber glasses and take them with us wherever we are going.

We always bring one bottle per person onboard. No problem getting a corkscrew and glasses from steward. We also open in cabin, take to dining room. We've never been charged a courage fee. But we do always bring wines that you could have ordered ahead of time from Bon voyage. For ex., Meomi Pinot. I can get it for under $20 at store. If I bought onboard or through Bon voyage, I think it would be around $94. I just say we brought from room and waiters do not question if we got through Carnival or not.

Dh and I just got off the Pride on Sunday. We each brought a bottle of wine from home but got a cork screw and some wine glasses from room service. We filled our glasses in the room and took them with us to dinner and never had an issue. The can't tell if it is wine you purchased from the bar or one you brought on with you.

Since I have my wine set-up in a little packet for travel I just always have it with me ( I don't like to leave anything to chance when cruising). The room stewards have always been great with offering a cork screw and keeping our bucket full of ice. Wine glasses were also replaced.

I will be driving to the port meeting my daughter and son-in-law who are flying in. Assuming that they may be onboard a couple of hours before me, is there anyway I can bring 2 bottles of wine for them? Would they have to disembark in order to take them? Anyone ever done this?

My wife doesn't drink so I get mine and hers when we cruise. I have taken it with me to the buffet and library and deck and never been charged, but suppose ya could, if that was the case, I'd just put it away. Heck, my first bottle is popped about 15minutes after boarding, celebration time!!! I find a quiet spot on a deck away from the crazy Lido, pop it and enjoy the cruise right off.

We always bring one bottle per person onboard. .... But we do always bring wines that you could have ordered ahead of time from Bon voyage. For ex., Meomi Pinot. I can get it for under $20 at store. If I bought onboard or through Bon voyage, I think it would be around $94. I just say we brought from room and waiters do not question if we got through Carnival or not.

Ooooh. I like this!

A few posters have said they fill their glass in the cabin and walk in with them, which is fine. But that limits you to just one glass per meal. I wouldn't normally have more than two, but the thing with one glass is that I find I'm always rationing.

Ooooh. I like this!

A few posters have said they fill their glass in the cabin and walk in with them, which is fine. But that limits you to just one glass per meal. I wouldn't normally have more than two, but the thing with one glass is that I find I'm always rationing.

We bring our allowed two bottles of wine and always open them in our room. We only drink wine with dinner , so we walk to the MDR with our wine glasses. Never had been a problem. We love Malk Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon, which is a great cab. Never have seen it on any ship , and if it was it would be well over $100. I am able to buy it for around $70.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I will be driving to the port meeting my daughter and son-in-law who are flying in. Assuming that they may be onboard a couple of hours before me, is there anyway I can bring 2 bottles of wine for them? Would they have to disembark in order to take them? Anyone ever done this?

They will not allow you to board with more than your allotted one bottle. If you bring wine for your daughter and son-in-law, they will have to meet you and carry it on themselves.

Be aware that the information above does not apply to the Legend or Spirit sailing out of Australia. Carnival have changed the rules for Australia. If you are sailing from Sydney check the FAQ on carnival.com.au. You are not allowed to bring any alcohol with you including wine. You can't order a bottle of spirits (liquor) for consumption in your room or on your balcony from room service and they never have lobster on the menu of the MDR except for the additional cost Nouveau (Steakhouse) selections. The only way you can have spirits in your room is to bring it back from the bar or select from the very limited and expensive selection in the minibar in your fridge.