Formal Nights Eastern Carib- Eurodam

bandp407

I have the On Location posted from Dec 14th sailing. The itinerary is slightly different than ours in March. Their first day is a sea day and formal night. Our first port on day 2 is Half Moon Cay - will this be our formal night? Also night 6 we will be in Grand Turk - will this be the formal night? I would think so as it can't be the last night of the cruise. Just odd cause we sail at 8PM. We are trying to gauge our preferred dinner times so we can book in advance once on board. By any chance does anyone have copies of On Location with the itinerary sailing to Half Moon Cay, Sea, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk & Sea Day?

I've seen many of the On Location posted on halfacts.com but none are of our itinerary. Many thanks to all - your posts are extremely helpful to us HAL "NEWBIES"!!

I would think the first sea day would be your first formal night and the day you are in San Juan. If I am looking at the right cruise, you leave San Juan at 3. I have never seen a formal night on the last night of a cruise

Thanks everyone! Yes , we all have a different take on this one. I too have been on cruises where formal night was on a port day but never on the last night.

I was curious and called Ship Services to see if they had any further info. The gal told me that yes she has seen formal night on the last night of a HAL cruise, but I find that so hard to believe. Anyway she did tell me that the TASTE of DE LIBRIJE in the Pinnacle Grill will be the San Juan night - day 5 of the cruise. That to me leaves night 6 which is an 8PM departure from Grand Turk. This is very odd but we shall see!! Hope this semi - info will help others sailing on this itinerary.

Thanks everyone! Yes , we all have a different take on this one. I too have been on cruises where formal night was on a port day but never on the last night.

I was curious and called Ship Services to see if they had any further info. The gal told me that yes she has seen formal night on the last night of a HAL cruise, but I find that so hard to believe. Anyway she did tell me that the TASTE of DE LIBRIJE in the Pinnacle Grill will be the San Juan night - day 5 of the cruise. That to me leaves night 6 which is an 8PM departure from Grand Turk. This is very odd but we shall see!! Hope this semi - info will help others sailing on this itinerary.

Clearly the ship services gal has been drinking. There is no way on earth that formal is the last night of a cruise. I'd be willing to take bets that the formal will be on the San Juan night. The pinnacle dinner is a non event. I've been doubted before and been right. Would love to know how it turns out.

Clearly the ship services gal has been drinking. There is no way on earth that formal is the last night of a cruise. I'd be willing to take bets that the formal will be on the San Juan night. The pinnacle dinner is a non event. I've been doubted before and been right. Would love to know how it turns out.

Or smoking. The last night is has always been casual. Formal night would seriously mess up packing.

I looked at March 29 itinerary and it sounds like what you are describing. It is different.

It is quite possible that your first formal night will be the evening you are on HMC since you leave there at 3 PM.

We have had several formal nights on HMC evening.

As to your second formal night. Normally it would be on the evening of Grand Turk -- but that won't happen since you don't leave until 8 PM.

The only other day you leave a port early is San Juan -- 3 PM. And as you have discovered that is the evening of the Taste of De Librije.

You may have a formal night then. Or you might not. Maybe you will only have 1 formal night.

Will post the outcome of which nights end up being the formal ones- unless someone jumps in with info before our sailing. Ditto on nite 3 & 5!!!

That will be great. Those port times are really different from the usual making this one tough.