Where Are You Crusing To In 2014?

cruzeluver

Canadians here...getting married two days before we leave and then taking a honeymoon cruise on the Carnival Conquest departing June 22, 2014 from Miami. First time for both of us on Carnival so hopefully we will enjoy it. Normally we stick with Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. Balcony on the Lido deck. Yeay! :) It's going to be funny to refer to my partner as my husband! :p

Hubby and I, plus two other couple, are doing CA coastal on the Crown Princess, October 4th. Can't wait!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Forums mobile app

We are boarding the Dawn Princess on the 4th October for a Sydney to Melbourne quickie. Can't wait except that I will be 59 when I board but 60 when I disembark!:eek:

cheers

Stu

Canadians here...getting married two days before we leave and then taking a honeymoon cruise on the Carnival Conquest departing June 22, 2014 from Miami. First time for both of us on Carnival so hopefully we will enjoy it. Normally we stick with Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. Balcony on the Lido deck. Yeay! :) It's going to be funny to refer to my partner as my husband! :p

Congratulations on your marriage (from another Canadian)! I'm sure you will like Carnival, you can be as active a partier as you want or just find a quiet spot to enjoy being newly weds. Carnival ships seem to be pretty laid back, both passengers and crew and being openly gay never seems to be a problem. I've been on the same class ship you are going on and it's a pretty nice ship. I've only sailed Carnival so don't have anything to compare it to but I think Carnival is pretty great. Have a great vacation! :)

Congratulations on your marriage (from another Canadian)! I'm sure you will like Carnival, you can be as active a partier as you want or just find a quiet spot to enjoy being newly weds. Carnival ships seem to be pretty laid back, both passengers and crew and being openly gay never seems to be a problem. I've been on the same class ship you are going on and it's a pretty nice ship. I've only sailed Carnival so don't have anything to compare it to but I think Carnival is pretty great. Have a great vacation! :)

Totally agree with you. We're Carnival fans and have no desire to try any other cruise line. ;)

Hey, I forgot to say...but you may already know this...if you go to the steak house for dinner the first night of the cruise (additional charge of $35.00 pp but worth every penny and reservations required) they throw in a bottle of wine no charge...but this is only on the first night. We do this on pretty much every cruise and this year it happens to fall on our actual anniversary :)

Hi There

We (Matt and Juan - Aussie/Mexican couple) are hoping to wrangle five weeks off work in November and hoping the prices will surely drop on the Celebrity Eclipse for our first ever back to back

11/09 TRANSATLANTIC SOUTHAMPTON-MIAMI (first time in the right direction)

11/23 SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN (interesting routing)

Happy Sailing - Cheers Matt

Hey, I forgot to say...but you may already know this...if you go to the steak house for dinner the first night of the cruise (additional charge of $35.00 pp but worth every penny and reservations required) they throw in a bottle of wine no charge...but this is only on the first night. We do this on pretty much every cruise and this year it happens to fall on our actual anniversary :)

Thank you! We're vegetarians so we will skip the Steakhouse but we appreciate your ideas! Wehoo only a few days to go! :D:);):rolleyes:

Hi There

We (Matt and Juan - Aussie/Mexican couple) are hoping to wrangle five weeks off work in November and hoping the prices will surely drop on the Celebrity Eclipse for our first ever back to back

11/09 TRANSATLANTIC SOUTHAMPTON-MIAMI (first time in the right direction)

11/23 SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN (interesting routing)

Happy Sailing - Cheers Matt

I've done 2 Eclipse TA's eastbound, and both times waited till after final payments were due to get better cabin fares.

In the US, we can book and cancel up until final payments are due, so if you NEED a cabin, I suggest booking something to be sure for now, and then check and see if there sen to be a lot of open cabins once final payments come due, then cancel if you feel good and rebook a couple week lair with left over cabins selling at lower prices.

I use a couple websites to track pricing and trends, and if you email me (link in my signature) I'll be happy to share.

This year, I got the penthouse for less than a royal suite was selling for 2 weeks prior, booking 3 week out. Used airline miles for my flights.

I/m on the Pied Piper Post Thanksgiving cruise on Silhouette (7 nights caribbean) out of Fort Lauderdale leaving November 30. Maybe you should look to spend a week in FLL/Miami then do a second cruise and join the 700 to 900 of us on that cruise instead of a real B2B! :D

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you! We're vegetarians so we will skip the Steakhouse but we appreciate your ideas! Wehoo only a few days to go! :D:);):rolleyes:

Yeah the Steakhouse definitely wouldn't be a good place for you to check out...LOL

Hope you had a great cruise :)

• 3 weeks later...

Two British guys here! We'll be celebrating 5 years married and 12 years together on August 9th on Royal Caribbean's Independence of the Seas from Southampton on the same date, for a two week Mediterranean Italian Cruise... and our first ever cruise at that! :)

We're going to England for 10 days then coming home TA on the QM Aug 20. Then we're going to Italy middle of Oct (touring and s pending some time with relatives) then coming home TA on X "Silhouette" Nov 1st. It' 2015, but January 23, we're doing a Caribbean cruise on X "Equinox". That's as far as we've gotten so far. There is a lot of activity on the GLBT roll call thread for the TA on the "Silhouette", but I've posted for the QM and Equinox sailings on that tread with no replies. Anyone else on either of those two sailings?

Well, 2014 is more than half over and I'm just now reporting in. Here's the update, just to do it:

In March I did a five-night abbreviated Western Caribbean on Norwegian Pearl. We went to Key West and Grand Cayman. It was as if Abercrombie & Fitch went on a cruise. :eek: When did frat boys become so in touch with their emotions? :cool:

In October I'm doing another quickie five-night Pacific Coastal (Vancouver to Los Angeles) on Norwegian Sun. I'm taking my sister as a college graduation present and my mom. Balcony cabin (first time ever!) and ultimate dining package. It should be fun.

In December (7-14) I'm sailing solo on Norwegian Epic. First time solo and in a studio cabin. It should be awesome. Lots of us family folks on the roll call already. I'm staying in FLL for three nights, likely at Cabanas. Come on out! :)