What's your Carnival Cruise tradition?

We are 2 women of a certain age - who bring our Funship Freddys along on our Carnival cruises. :D Actually, if we go on any other line, the Freddys are still coming along.

Since we don't live near each other, throughout the year we exchange photos of what our Freddys have been doing. Here is mine keeping me company on a business trip. :p

My teenage daughter and niece (who live 1000 miles apart and see each other less than once a year) brought their stuffed buddies on our European cruise in 2013. Three families met up in the Philadelphia airport, and both buddies were wearing Carnival Build-a-Bear t-shirts... from about 2001. Neither girl even knew that the other had a shirt, much less had kept it for a decade.

Our tradition started the morning of our first cruise with the kids on the Carnival Valor. We were staying at the Marriott in Miami (the one on the bay with the view of the cruise port) and we warned the kids within an inch of their life that they had to sleep in until 9 am because it was going to be a busy and long day. Well at 5:00 am my DH starts jumping up and down on the bed screaming "THE CARNIVAL'S IN TOWN, THE CARNIVAL'S IN TOWN" waking everyone up. He had peeked out the window and saw the Valor in port. Since then that's our cruise tradition, waking up and saying THE CARNIVAL'S IN TOWN ,THE CARNIVAL'S IN TOWN! (Even when we are cruising on another line... lol)

We are 2 women of a certain age - who bring our Funship Freddys along on our Carnival cruises. :D Actually, if we go on any other line, the Freddys are still coming along.

FreddyG_zps84c6eeea.jpg

IMG_0084_zps5f0f0b73.jpg

Since we don't live near each other, throughout the year we exchange photos of what our Freddys have been doing. Here is mine keeping me company on a business trip. :p

CAM00164_zps5015a95a.jpg

Fun way to keep the excitement up!

We fly to every port. So, it's up early, grab a coffee get the shuttle to the airport (we overnight near the airport since we live 175 miles away) Then go thru the hassle of checking in, going thru security and then the 3-5 hour flight. Now we have to find either a taxi or another way to get to the pier. After getting checked in we drop our 'stuff' in the cabin and there I always make like a home plate umpire and yell, "Safe" and give the signal.

We've only left out of New Orleans ... so we leave about 1 am ... drive 8 hours, go to Bourbon street. We eat breakfast at the same restaurant each time, where I have gumbo and a hurricane. We people watch, and at 1030ish, we get in line to get on the boat.

All three cruises passed out drunk by dinner!

In my defense, I rarely drink and always forget how much alcohol is in those DOD's. I get sleepy and "take a nap" :D

Last cruise met some good friends who helped my wife get me back to our room.