What is a cabin crawl?

Never been to one either. To my understanding it's something the roll call for your ship sets up before the cruise. They go to different cabin categories to check them out as a group and this gives you an idea of what the cabins actually look like. For example, someone offers their hospitality to show their inside, oceanview, balcony, extended balcony or suite if the categories are available amongst the folks in your roll call. If you're booked go check out your roll call and see what they're planning.

Edited by mojean

We had a great roll call on our Pride cruise a couple of years ago and we moved from cabin to cabin (all different categories) and at each cabin the host gave small treats or booze.

It was great fun and a great way to see other cabins!

There are pictures and review of our in my Pride signature line.

Tammi

I heard of a cabin crawl once that had jell-o shots in one of the cabins. How they got them on I'll never know. Maybe they made them once they got on the ship with smuggled booze.

Another time I heard about a tray of hors douvres and chocolate covered strawberries that were previously ordered thru the ship. And another had buckets of beer for participants. One guy had a bottle of Patron and they did Tequila shots. Most of the time it involves alcohol.

They are fun! I usually set out plates of chips, pretzels & cookies that I order from room service, bowls of candy that I've brought onboard and I have a bottle rum/wine that I serve. We go all out..decorate our room and door with neat stuff we pick up frm the dollar store. I would definately recommend joining on your RC if one is being set up. :)

We had a great roll call on our Pride cruise a couple of years ago and we moved from cabin to cabin (all different categories) and at each cabin the host gave small treats or booze.

It was great fun and a great way to see other cabins!

There are pictures and review of our in my Pride signature line.

Tammi

Wow Tammi, Thanks so much for having those pics. They were very helpful. And wow, you REALLY went all out. Wish I had been on THAT cabin crawl!!

When we do cabin crawls on our cruises it involves a poker run where we go from cabin to cabin drawing a card from each cabin and having a shot/drink/treat also. We use 7 cabins with the first 5 being draw cabins and the last two discard cabins. We have only had security called on us once!

I've been on several cabin crawls.

Some combine seeing different cabin catagories and the poker/booze theme.

And some are just a booze party.

I go to see the different rooms...

But that's just me.

I'm currently organizing one for our Breeze June 1 sailing...going to be big fun :) It will have the poker run theme and lots of booze. AND, for the record, you CAN make jello shots onboard...

Now we know why they call it a cabin CRAWL................hicccuppp!!!:D

Cabin crawls are fun! We have participated in several. Yes, there is alcohol, yes, it can get loud, but it is a great way to see the cabins and meet different people. We make jello shots with our bon voyage vodka, jello we bring onboard, hot water from the lido deck, and little plastic containers with lids. The refrig in the room works great, but you have to keep the door open to allow the heat from the back not to get trapped. If you haven't participated in one, you should. Have fun! :)

I haven't been on one yet either. :( We had one scheduled last year on the Magic with a poker run, but about three people showed up. The person who coordinated it all didn't even show up. :mad:

I feel like I missed out...the cabin crawl I was part of when I was on the Dream had no treats or booze...:(

My first cabin crawl was also the first time I was in charge of the cabin crawl on my Indpendence cruise. I messed up now that I see how it could be.

I've been on several with a group I cruise with. We include a poker game with the cabin crawl (at a $5 per entry charge) with the money split up at the end to the best hands. A couple of the crawls were so large, groups started at 5 min intervals. :D

Some cabins provided alcohol, some did not but provided treats or small souvenirs from their home Province or State. I usually volunteer my cabin as one of the stops. I don't usually provide any alcohol, but have had fridge magnets for one and chocolates for another.