LAX airport shuttles/ground transportation....where do they go

2010_cruisers

Hello....we are curious about the LAX shuttles/transport bus ....where do they go (besides the parking lot)...any stops worth investigating or any ones with good places for souvenirs, places to eat or cool things to see....?

Let us re-phrase we can read what is says on their web site....(but we have no clue if there are anything around those stops that is good to try/lok around etc):

Shuttle Routes:

A Airline Connections stops at each terminal

C Transports passengers to and from Parking Lot C. Travelers can walk to the LAX City

Bus Center from Lot C.

G Transports passengers to and from the Metro Green Line Aviation Station.

You will see Adult Entertainment venues in the LAX area. I do not think the shuttles go that far.

The Green Line Aviation Station must be four stories up. The staircase is really, really long.

If I remember correctly there is an In N Out there. I could be (probably am) wrong.

Within LAX is the Encounters Restuarant in the Theme building.

http://www.encounterlax.com/encounter_genesis.html

I believe those buses basically just transport to/from the airport and the airport parking lots. I haven't heard that they really go anywhere else. So if you want to go beyond that area (which I would suggest), you'll need to get a regular shuttle (like Supershuttle or one of the other companies), a taxi or a rental car.

Many of the shuttle services (again, I'm not talking about the airport shuttles) will pick you up anywhere and take you anywhere so they're just not for going to and from an airport. But might not be the most efficient way of getting around. Probably better, if you're not renting a car would be to find a hotel in a decent area, that has a local free shuttle.

The "C bus" goes to the transit center just outside the terminals. You can take the Big Blue Bus to Santa Monica....routes and schedules on their website.

There's also a In-n-Out Burger at the NE corner of LAX across from Lot C. Take a rental car shuttle or "C bus" and I-n-O is across the street. There's a Ralphs supermarket and a small strip center.

Look on www.flyertalk.com, find the California forum and the LA sub-forum. There's a great thread on things to do during a long LAX layover, which has things to do near LAX and how to get there.

If you have not been to In n Out Burger, follow the directions in the other post and check it out for a meal. Very popular burger place, many consider them to have the best burgers around.

Jen in SoCal

Hello....we are curious about the LAX shuttles/transport bus ....where do they go (besides the parking lot)...any stops worth investigating or any ones with good places for souvenirs, places to eat or cool things to see....?

Let us re-phrase we can read what is says on their web site....(but we have no clue if there are anything around those stops that is good to try/lok around etc):

Shuttle Routes:

A Airline Connections stops at each terminal

C Transports passengers to and from Parking Lot C. Travelers can walk to the LAX City

Bus Center from Lot C.

G Transports passengers to and from the Metro Green Line Aviation Station.

For every California expatriate I know up here in Seattle, In N Out is the first place any of us head when we go back to California.

Yes, they are good. It is a basic, fast food burger, but extremely well done.

"Quality You Can Taste"

2010- The Flyertalk link I provided has a thread on how to do In n Out from the LAX terminal. I read the location adjacent to LAX is one of their busiest with the bulk of their customers connecting at LAX. Whether or not it's "really that good" , only you can be the judge.

There are a few locations between LAX and the ship...if it's lunch time and you offer to buy the driver lunch he or she will probably be more than happy to make a detour!

There are a number of shared shuttle companies. The largest are SuperShuttle, and Primetime, and Zippy Shuttle is also popular. Supershuttle is usually $17+tip/person one way from LAX to the San Pedro pier on a shared shuttle. An exclusive will run around $80. A cab will run you approximately $65 with tip.

if you take one of the hotel shuttles to any hotel on Century Blvd there is a trolley bus that will take you to Manhattan Beach. Lots of little stores and restaurants. Call the Marriott or westin and ask the concierge but that a good way to kill some time, or google Manhattan beach shuttles

Are you looking for a shuttle from LAX to the Harbor? Or are you looking for a shuttle from a Hotel to the Harbor?

www.supershuttle.com and www.primetimeshuttle.com will take you to the port, fromm the airport or from a hotel. They can be obtained by just walking up to the shuttle area of the airport. If going from a hotel, I would book in advance.

Many on this forum recommend that you stay at the Doubletree or Crowne Plaza in San Pedro. Take Super or PrimeTime to the hotel. Hotel has free shuttle to port.

is IN-OUt burger really that good

lax_ino.jpg 238477925_dd0fd3019a.jpg

It is just a burger place. I personally don't care for them all that much but they have a very large loyal following. This particular restaurant packs them in at lunchtime.

If nothing else it's a great place to watch airplanes land - from all over the world. If I had hours to kill at the airport I might go there. Especially on a nice SoCal day.

so....last time/last question....any hotel shuttles take to to another shuttle that takes u to the LA Harbour or has a link up to some other LA Harbor shuttle service?

None that are free. You can take a paid shared or exclusive shuttle such as Supershuttle from either your hotel or the airport to the cruise ship pier.

Archived