On board booking perks ?

Skip111

What will be the on board booking perks now that we have the new pricing system G Big ? We sail again on November and usually book. When we are on a cruise. Also will the Elite perks change or stay the same ?

no one knows yet...

Many unknowns....I've already asked stockholder relations how the stockholder benefit will treat the new bundled standard fares....since unless you book an inside , you can't book without one of the big/better/best bundles. I have not received a reply.....

Edited by ghstudio

What will be the on board booking perks now that we have the new pricing system G Big ? We sail again on November and usually book. When we are on a cruise. Also will the Elite perks change or stay the same ?

Sorry, I cannot speculate on this one, nor would I want to start any rumors to that effect either.... ;)

We asked this question of the CEO on yesterday's chat. Here's the Q & A:

Can you please tell us what offers are planned for those who book "Cruise Now" sailing while on-board?

by JaneStarr 12:51 PM yesterday

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo,...

That is currently under review, so stay tuned. There will be something

12:52 PM yesterday

Host Andy

We hope the offers for booking onboard will remain as they are. We are very pleased with the current onboard offerings !

Or perhaps someone on board a Celebrity ship will do a new booking on board and let us know.

Do you really think Celebrity already changed the onboard booking to respect the new conditions or even told the cruise planners onboard about it? :D

But yes, anyone booking onboard since it has been announced would be useful.

Or perhaps someone on board a Celebrity ship will do a new booking on board and let us know.

I wouldn't count on that providing a reliable answer :rolleyes:

Based on experience, it could be a LONG time before the onboard future cruise sales personnel & Celebrity IT are consistently offering & applying onboard booking perks -- and that can't even start to happen until corporate makes the decision on what to offer.

A family member ran into the problem of getting accurate "Cruise Now" suite booking info three mos after the new suite perks had been announced last summer. The Ship's Future Sales manager was totally uninformed about the changes, even after we forwarded the announcement flyer by email.

It took our travel agent at least a month and many contacts with Celebrity to mostly straighten out the upper suite "cruise now" booking made onboard.

I'm hoping a decision will have been made and communicated to the future cruise sales manager by the time we board on 8/1/15 sailing. I'll report back what is offered.

We already have a 2017 cruise booked, but I might consider a "cruise now" booking for 2016 -- depending on the terms & prices -- if we see an itinerary that works for us.

Jane

Do you really think Celebrity already changed the onboard booking to respect the new conditions or even told the cruise planners onboard about it? :D

But yes, anyone booking onboard since it has been announced would be useful.

I wouldn't count on that providing a reliable answer :rolleyes:

Based on experience, it could be a LONG time before the onboard future cruise sales personnel & Celebrity IT are consistently offering & applying onboard booking perks -- and that can't even start to happen until corporate makes the decision on what to offer.

A family member ran into the problem of getting accurate "Cruise Now" suite booking info three mos after the new suite perks had been announced last summer. The Ship's Future Sales manager was totally uninformed about the changes, even after we forwarded the announcement flyer by email.

It took our travel agent at least a month and many contacts with Celebrity to mostly straighten out the upper suite "cruise now" booking made onboard.

I'm hoping a decision will have been made and communicated to the future cruise sales manager by the time we board on 8/1/15 sailing. I'll report back what is offered.

We already have a 2017 cruise booked, but I might consider a "cruise now" booking for 2016 -- depending on the terms & prices -- if we see an itinerary that works for us.

Jane

Good points, but I am fairly certain that on board reps will book cruises under the BBB program that include some extra benefits. It does not seem reasonable to me that they would cease to book cruises. I suppose they could try and book cruises with no extra benefits. Of course what they are doing as of July 6 can be changed at any time.

We will know when someone reports from a ship.

Good points, but I am fairly certain that on board reps will book cruises under the BBB program that include some extra benefits. It does not seem reasonable to me that they would cease to book cruises. I suppose they could try and book cruises with no extra benefits. Of course what they are doing as of July 6 can be changed at any time.

We will know when someone reports from a ship.

I agree that they will definitely continue to offer onboard bookings. Since the current price structure is Go! BBB, I wouold assume those rates would be available onboard. What they haven't addressed yet is what incentives will be offered, over and above the currently available rates.

Perhaps it's still a certain amt of extra OBC based on # of nights, but who knows what else.

Perhaps they could offer Go Better at a Go Big price, but that would undercut potential GO Best sales. [i guess they could remedy that by also offering Go! Best at a $15 pp/night discount which would be $30 pp/night??]

Maybe offer a 1 cat upgrade (w/in categories) from booked rate? But that could cut into Captain's Club perks (only for certain cabin levels). Doubt they would do this for Suites above S2 to S1. Too big a jump from S1 to CS or CS to PH.

It sounds to me like something they will need to put a lot of thought and analysis into, so I don't expect a quick implementation.

As far as having an answer as soon as one person reports back from a cruise, I'm not as optimistic as you. That really will only tell us what a single future sales consultant, on a particular day, offered somebody on a particular ship.

It seems to take a gargantuan effort effort to get Celelbrity headquarters and all the various future cruise consultants anywhere near the same page on new offers. Part of this is understandable since they have to deal with half the staff being on vacation and most everybody scattered around the world.

It will be interesting to see how Celebrity ends up dealing with onboard future "Cruise Now" bookings.

Jane

I agree that they will definitely continue to offer onboard bookings. Since the current price structure is Go! BBB, I wouold assume those rates would be available onboard. What they haven't addressed yet is what incentives will be offered, over and above the currently available rates.

Perhaps it's still a certain amt of extra OBC based on # of nights, but who knows what else.

Perhaps they could offer Go Better at a Go Big price, but that would undercut potential GO Best sales. [i guess they could remedy that by also offering Go! Best at a $15 pp/night discount which would be $30 pp/night??]

Maybe offer a 1 cat upgrade (w/in categories) from booked rate? But that could cut into Captain's Club perks (only for certain cabin levels). Doubt they would do this for Suites above S2 to S1. Too big a jump from S1 to CS or CS to PH.

It sounds to me like something they will need to put a lot of thought and analysis into, so I don't expect a quick implementation.

As far as having an answer as soon as one person reports back from a cruise, I'm not as optimistic as you. That really will only tell us what a single future sales consultant, on a particular day, offered somebody on a particular ship.

It seems to take a gargantuan effort effort to get Celelbrity headquarters and all the various future cruise consultants anywhere near the same page on new offers. Part of this is understandable since they have to deal with half the staff being on vacation and most everybody scattered around the world.

It will be interesting to see how Celebrity ends up dealing with onboard future "Cruise Now" bookings.

Jane

A lot of good points. Yes, it will be interesting. They have time to design and implement an enhanced booking on board program based on the BBB, but they will need a short term interim program while it is being done. Maybe just extra OBC.

On my last cruise I was able to get $500 OBC, prepaid grats plus classic package while booking onboard a 12days cruise in aqua class.

Next cruise on X will be in march 2016 - don't think that they will offer the same, guess it will be less.