Ultimate Dining Package....anyone see this on recent Oasis Sailings

This information was posted on Royal Caribbean blog....I think it would be great. I hope they have this on Oasis...we leave in a few weeks...have any recent passengers just of Oasis see this offered.

It appears Royal Caribbean is starting to offer a new dining package, where guests can eat at any of the specialty restaurants aboard the ship for a fixed price.

A Royal Caribbean Blog reader, returned from a Freedom of the Seas cruise last week and in the Cruise Compassis a new offer, "Ultimate Dining Package", where for $20 per day, guests can dine at any of the specialty restaurants every day of the cruise.

The package is described as, "Pay one set price and dine in any of our specialty restaurants every day of your cruise. Whatever you're craving, there's something for every palate. (Except Mystery Dinner & Chef's table).

This offer has been spotted on Freedom of the Seas, but there's no word yet if this new dining package will be offered on any other Royal Caribbean ships.

Currently on Freedom of the Seas, there are three specialty restaurants with individual costs higher than the package's daily rate:

Chops Grille: $35 per person

Giovanni's Table: $25 per person

Sabor Modern Mexican: $25 per person

With this ultimate dining package, a person could save up to $105 on their cruise compared to paying for the restaurants on their own.

Other readers have reported the ultimate dining package is being offered on Liberty of the Seas as well.

Edited by Klstaack

I am not aware of this Ultimate Dining Package being offered on Royal. However, Ultimate Dining Package UDP is associated with Norwegian Cruise Line to the best of my recollection.

The closes I could fine on Royal's website is from their Insider Tips on the Cruise Planner:

• Make 3 reservations at any of our specialty restaurants and receive a 20% onboard credit† with our dining package.
  • Receive a 20% onboard credit* on all Day 1 reservations.
  • Kids 5 and under eat for free.
  • Kids 6-12 years old eat for less. Ask about our kids specialty dining prices onboard.
  • Gluten-free, lactose-free, and vegetarian options available. Ask your waiter.
  • Discount is applicable to all pre-cruise specialty dining reservations. Onboard credit is applied on Day 1 of the cruise and is given to the primary person on the cruise booking. Onboard credit applies only to food purchases (cover charge or a ala carte) and is not combinable with any other offer.)

"20%" onboard credit.... 20 % of what figure?

Its 20% of the cost of your meal.....so if the meal is $20....you get $4 in OBC

However, when you look at the cruise planner for our sailing leaving on the 6th it says get 30% OBC when you book 3 or more restaurants.

Edited by Klstaack

However, when you look at the cruise planner for our sailing leaving on the 6th it says get 30% OBC when you book 3 or more restaurants.

I think there is a very small print "up to" somewhere around that 30%.

Thanks for this....now here is a question.

Do Sabor and Izumi hibachi count as one of the restaurants since they are al a cart and not a set cover charge.

Yes, they count. You will get additional OBC based on the value of the food items you purchase at ala carte restaurants.

We're onboard the Vision right now and a server at Giovanni's mentioned it to us. He said it was $20/$22 per person per day and included breakfast, lunch and dinner at specialty restaurants (so if you aren't in a suite or an elite level cruiser, you can buy into this to have breakfast at Chops and it would also include lunch at Giovanni's or this bistro thing they do at Chops during lunch hours and then dinner at any specialty restaurant).

You get 20% when you eat at a specialty restaurant the first night, even if you eat in the MDR the rest of the cruise.

We're onboard the Vision right now and a server at Giovanni's mentioned it to us. He said it was $20/$22 per person per day and included breakfast, lunch and dinner at specialty restaurants (so if you aren't in a suite or an elite level cruiser, you can buy into this to have breakfast at Chops and it would also include lunch at Giovanni's or this bistro thing they do at Chops during lunch hours and then dinner at any specialty restaurant).

Now that gets my attention

I had that package on NCL Epic in March. It was great for $119 could eat in all of the speciality restaurants. I added up the cost per person if we had paid at each place and it would have been $150. Not a bad savings. If RCCL is $20 a day, that seems a bit high.

On Oasis you would have a lot more than 3 choices.

Chops Grille

150 Central Park

Giovanni's Table

Izumi

Solarium Bistro

Sabor

Johnny Rockets

I would gladly pay 140 to not eat in the MDR and have the upgraded food.

• 3 weeks later...

We are currently on Rhapsody and bought the Ultimate Dining Package straight after boarding. It is $20.00 per person per day. We can eat in either Chops or Giovanni's or get the $20.00 credit off the a la Carte bill in Izumi, so no discount for the latter one. The amount is charged daily to the account rather than all at once.

DH had a migraine on our third night and I cancelled our reservation with only 2 hours notice and just went to the WJ while he slept and didn't eat. They haven't charged our account for that day.

Tonight we will try Izumi for the first and maybe only time as we are not huge fans of Japanese food.

The only downside is the weight gain. :) :(

This is what RCCL emailed me about the dining discounts on Oasis:

Guests who make three or more reservations once onboard will receive a straight discount, instead of onboard credit, for the same amount. Three specialty dining reservations will receive 20% of the value in onboard credit or discount, four reservations will receive 25% of the value in onboard credit or discount and five plus reservations will receive 30% of the value in onboard credit or discount. The dining package discount is applicable to all specialty restaurants that take reservations. If reservations are cancelled after the onboard credit is posted, the discount amount will be altered accordingly. Onboard credit is applied on day one of the cruise and is given to the primary person on the cruise booking. Onboard credit may be used at the guest’s discretion for onboard purchases and is not combinable with any other offer.

They also clarified that if you reserve in a specialty restaurant that charges by the item (i.e. Sabor):

With a la carte pricing, including the a la carte pricing at Sabor Taqueria and Tequila Bar, you are charged once onboard. The discount for Sabor Taqueria and Tequila Bar is applied as an onboard credit. The discount for Sabor Taqueria and Tequila Bar that will be applied as an onboard credit will be placed on your SeaPass Card once you have dined at Sabor Taqueria and Tequila Bar.