Fingerprinted cruising from Vancouver, BC?

Cruisingamore

Went to Epcot at Disney World Orlando today.

Picked up the card you receive in lue of ticket.

Scanned it at the entrance, up pops my name, then had to place my finger on a reader for my print to be scanned :eek:

navybankteacher, you are confusing two separate things. You believe the observed result of fewer guns or fewer security issues was caused by greater scrutiny. In fact, there may have been fewer risks all along, and very few people were ever doing anything they shouldn't have been doing.

Greater scrutiny might have revealed only that there was no big problem in the first place.

Well, they have managed to catch a lot of liquids at the checkpoints.

To be honest, what you're describing sounds like a "scan" more than the "ink-pad and roll'em" process I was imagining. I'd also be fascinated to find out what all nationalities this requirement applies to.
I don't believe any of us who reported being aware of the fingerprinting indicated that an "ink pad" was used in the process. I know fingerprints were collected by US Immigration at Canada Place because, according to those same officials, the computers used during the process went down (NO ink pad involved with this). As I stated earlier, only US and Canadian citizens were exempt from being fingerprinted. Those 2 nationalities continued to be processed (went to the front of the lines) while ALL other passengers had to wait until the computers came back on-line. We were near the front of the line and moved ahead of a large group of Australians.

Well, they have managed to catch a lot of liquids at the checkpoints.

And, big, bad liquids at that, judging from the sensitive handling all larger than 100ml liquids/gels/icing/peanut butter/etc receive :roll eyes:

It's a dog and pony show, only intended to placate the sheeple public into believing that TSA protects us all…

I was fingerprinted in Kenya upon arrival; well, it was the "scan"… I have a co-worker who is from Brazil. When the US starting requiring fingerprinting of Brazilian nationals, Brazil turned and did a tit-for-tat and required fingerprinting of US nationals.

It's not a huge thing, just an attempt by big, bad, government, to make us feel safe. Nothing more.

I am an Aussie and have travelled into the USA on four occasions since 2009. Each time on my first entry into the USA I have been fingerprinted and photographed. Twice at Honolulu airport, once at LAX

And once at the land border crossing from Canada to the USA in BC on our to Seattle. Has never been a problem for me as I have nothing to hide and I have other things in life to worry about. Also as an Aussie returning to Australia with the most modern passport we have the option of scanning our passport electronic chip and passing thru a facial recognition scanner at the major airports and not going to see the customs officer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irish and fingerprinted every time for the US - indeed it happens in Dublin as US customs and immigration have a pre-clearance set-up here. Have travelled all over the rest of the world and never had to do it.

All part of the nonsense - you know, if I'm smart enough to work out how to make a 101ml tube of toothpaste bring down a plane (but not a 100ml one) - I think I'm smart enough to get someone in place working air side in any airport, but let's not let that stop the paranoia.

Edited by newgrange

Wow, you sound a little hostile. Not trying to prove anything; anecdotal comment only and noted that perhaps the local authority at each check point (i.e. Calgary or Vancouver) has the latitude to conduct the measure or not. Have you been fingerprinted by US Customs in Calgary?

Not hostile at all, but you have said several times that YOU have never seen it, as if it does not happen. I'm just confirming that indeed it does happen, often. I've never been through Calgary so I cannot speak to that. Do you clear US Customs & Immigration at Calgary airport if you are going to the US or do you connect through another Canadian airport? I've had the fingerprints done at Montreal, when we connected there for FLL.

Edited to add: Just saw the reference to an inkpad. Oh my goodness, haven't seen one of those used in many, many years. It's a scanner. So if you had been avidly watching as you say, you wouldn't have seen an ink pad. The only time ink has been used is when having a criminal background check done at our local RCMP office, and they still use the inkpad method. Not sure if that is universal or just because we are small town!

Edited by Lizzie68