Hilton Riverside, Café Du Monde, and Grocery/Drug Store???

Beach_gal

We will be arriving to New Orleans late in the evening and I just used points to book the Hilton Riverside. As I was just zooming in on Google Maps to look for a nearby store to buy soda before our cruise, I noticed a Café Du Monde. I clicked on it and the page that opened up showed that it is in or near the neighboring mall.

From the Hilton, how far a walk is it to Café Du Monde? Is it in a mall food court? I'd really love to get up early and have some beignets and coffee before we board the ship!

Also, are there any grocery/convenience/drug stores nearby to pick up our soda and anything else we may have forgotten from home?

We will be arriving to New Orleans late in the evening and I just used points to book the Hilton Riverside. As I was just zooming in on Google Maps to look for a nearby store to buy soda before our cruise, I noticed a Café Du Monde. I clicked on it and the page that opened up showed that it is in or near the neighboring mall.

From the Hilton, how far a walk is it to Café Du Monde? Is it in a mall food court? I'd really love to get up early and have some beignets and coffee before we board the ship!

Also, are there any grocery/convenience/drug stores nearby to pick up our soda and anything else we may have forgotten from home?

The Riverwalk Mall is connected to Hilton Riverside. It has Cafe Du Monde and a large food court.

The Riverwalk Mall is connected to Hilton Riverside. It has Cafe Du Monde and a large food court.

Quite true. If you are up early enough, you might consider walking to the original cafe du monde in the French quarter for the experience.m (you can also ride the street car that picks up at the Hilton). It is a neat (cash only) place.

As for drug stores, there are both Walgreens and CVS on Canal Street, about a 10ish minute walk from the Hilton (just north of the Sheraton and Marriott). There is also a Walgreens on Royal street in the FQ next to the Wyndham.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Quite true. If you are up early enough, you might consider walking to the original cafe du monde in the French quarter for the experience.m (you can also ride the street car that picks up at the Hilton). It is a neat (cash only) place.

I think that's a wonderful idea! I will plan on this!

As for drug stores, there are both Walgreens and CVS on Canal Street, about a 10ish minute walk from the Hilton (just north of the Sheraton and Marriott). There is also a Walgreens on Royal street in the FQ next to the Wyndham.

Thank you for this information! We will probably get out early so we're not rushed, then pick our sodas up on the way back to the Hilton to leave for the ship.

Thank you both for your responses :)

We have stayed at the Hilton Riverside multiple times. It is within walking distance to about everything.

I'm so glad to hear that. Too bad we don't have more time to take advantage of the location. I will definitely plan better the next time we sail out of NOLA and try to come in a few days earlier.

I think that's a wonderful idea! I will plan on this!

Thank you for this information! We will probably get out early so we're not rushed, then pick our sodas up on the way back to the Hilton to leave for the ship.

Thank you both for your responses :)

Just am FYI if you dont already know, Sodas are now cans only. no more plastic bottles :(

They are called soft drinks in New Orleans - not sodas!! There is also a CVS and a Walgreen's on Decatur - right across the street from one another. You will not see big signs since it is the Quarter. Walgreen's is 619 Decatur and CVS is 620 Decatur.

I'm so glad to hear that. Too bad we don't have more time to take advantage of the location. I will definitely plan better the next time we sail out of NOLA and try to come in a few days earlier.

Not sure when you are getting to NOLA, but I wouldn't hurry to get on the ship. My sister and I got to NOLA early on a Wed. afternoon and checked in to the Hilton Riverside before enjoying a tour of St. Louis Cemetery #1 before catching a small bite to eat at Pat O'Briens. Then we had really yummy BBQ Shrimp at Ole Saint on Royal St. that night. Thursday morning (day of embarkation) we took a stroll down Decatur Street to Central Grocery for a muffaletta. Then we went back to the hotel and got our luggage and went over to the ship. When we got there, there were little/no lines and we just breezed on to the ship with our bellies full of good New Orleans food (which was so much better than anything we got on the ship).

We wanted to do Cafe du Monde, but filled up on everything else instead.

• 2 weeks later...
They are called soft drinks in New Orleans - not sodas!! There is also a CVS and a Walgreen's on Decatur - right across the street from one another. You will not see big signs since it is the Quarter. Walgreen's is 619 Decatur and CVS is 620 Decatur.

Soft drinks!! Got it! We will pick up a 12 pack of Coke and Coke Zero and some snacks - peanuts and/or pretzels - at CVS or Walgreens. So glad to know that we're in walking distance.

Not sure when you are getting to NOLA, but I wouldn't hurry to get on the ship. My sister and I got to NOLA early on a Wed. afternoon and checked in to the Hilton Riverside before enjoying a tour of St. Louis Cemetery #1 before catching a small bite to eat at Pat O'Briens. Then we had really yummy BBQ Shrimp at Ole Saint on Royal St. that night. Thursday morning (day of embarkation) we took a stroll down Decatur Street to Central Grocery for a muffaletta. Then we went back to the hotel and got our luggage and went over to the ship. When we got there, there were little/no lines and we just breezed on to the ship with our bellies full of good New Orleans food (which was so much better than anything we got on the ship).

We wanted to do Cafe du Monde, but filled up on everything else instead.

I think we're going to take our time on embarkation day as well to get as much eating in as possible lol!!!