color of nails/toes for caribbean cruise

I am getting both my nails and toes done before we leave on the cruise. My question is what colors should I do for the caribbean I want something fun at least for the toes. What is everyones taste?

I was just at Sally's Beauty the other day and they had 1.99 Fingerpaints Nail polish, and it was buy 2, get 1 free...I go on my cruise next week, so I picked up "Pas-tel me More" for my fingers (the color reminds me of the inside of seashells, a shimmery pink) and "Curator's Coral" for my Toes!

SBS-806012.jpg.987af22885f36712b0763ac0b68b2e1e.jpg

SBS-806159.jpg.cf4430488468804fb875dbb72f2b0a48.jpg

I normally get a french manicure, this way it goes with all my outfits. However we're going to Mexico in a week, this time I'm going with a tropical with pink tips. You can get whatever color tips you want.

Here's pics if you're not sure what I'm describing.

French Manicure

frenchlastlonger2.jpg

Tropical, however you can have any color tip you want.

Manicure.JPG

I use a pink-toned neutral...it will go with everything, and won't fade as much as a darker color....I do both fingers and toes in the same shade....

I do it myself, and bring some polish for "touch ups' if needed....on 7 nighters, it's not usually neccessary, but on longer cruises, the fingernails will need help! Toes don't seem to "wear" like fingernails do!

I use a pink-toned neutral...it will go with everything, and won't fade as much as a darker color....I do both fingers and toes in the same shade....

I do it myself, and bring some polish for "touch ups' if needed....on 7 nighters, it's not usually neccessary, but on longer cruises, the fingernails will need help! Toes don't seem to "wear" like fingernails do!

Probably doing a bright pink on toes and fingers, I always bring the color with me if there are any chips ect..and to add a bit more protection I put on top coat a few times durning the cruise, usually so my nails look great even when I get home if its a 7-12 day trip! Dont have a problem with toes, my mani lady puts on a good coat of sticky and no problems at all :)

You said you wanted something fun for the toes: well, my latest love is blue. I wore OPI's Russian Navy all the winter, and for spring, in their new Hong Kong collection, I love the Feng Shui blue -- it's a nice, bright blue which I think would look fabulous in the Caribbean.

For nails, I like the pale colours because they don't clash with a vibrant colour on the toes, like blue!, and they don't show chips/wear as readily as darker colours. Also, I think the paler colours look sexier with a suntan.

Just some advice: on a Caribbean cruise, the beach/sand can be murder on your pedicure. The sand is abrasive so my advice is wear whatever color you want to, but be sure to take a bottle of the same color with you for touch-ups. Seriously - I know the salon attendant will put a top coat on, but I tell you from experience, your toes will go through a lot on a beach so be prepared.

For my next tropial vacation I am going to go with the Minx nails on my toes. They have such fun colors and patterns. They have one that is a rainbow of colors and that is what I am going to go with. I will probably have my nails done in a brighter color then normal. I will have to see what axxium colors are available at the time since they keep coming out with more colors.

I am planning on getting a french manicure and something bright for the toes, like a bright pink or coral (we're going to the caribbean, too).

For the ladies who like french manis or pedis - I discovered this amazing tool, it is by Sally Hanson, it is a pen (or kinda like a felt-tip marker) that has the white french manicure paint in it! I did a french mani (a quick one) on my fingernails and it came out great! If you have nails that aren't too long, use the THIN pen (they have a thicker one but I think it is more like a flat-tip pen or brush) but it works great and dries quickly. I plan on getting a salon man-/pedi for the cruise, but the white part sometimes chips, so I plan on using this pen for touchups! :)

I use the OPI "Cajun Shrimp" color for my toes. It is bright and beautiful. The pretty bright coral color looks super on toes when wearing a pair of cute open toe shoes. For my nails, I use a slightly lighter shade of coral. I bring the bottles of polish for touch-ups. OPI is an excellent brand of polish. I find it at our local beauty supply store. It is around the $8-9 dollar range but well worth it. I also have a light shimmer silver/blue color. I wear this one with my black cocktail dress. This is a nice color as well.

I am planning on getting a french manicure and something bright for the toes, like a bright pink or coral (we're going to the caribbean, too).

For the ladies who like french manis or pedis - I discovered this amazing tool, it is by Sally Hanson, it is a pen (or kinda like a felt-tip marker) that has the white french manicure paint in it! I did a french mani (a quick one) on my fingernails and it came out great! If you have nails that aren't too long, use the THIN pen (they have a thicker one but I think it is more like a flat-tip pen or brush) but it works great and dries quickly. I plan on getting a salon man-/pedi for the cruise, but the white part sometimes chips, so I plan on using this pen for touchups! :)

That sounds like a great little tool. Can you tell me where you bought it? Thanks!

I generally go for shades of coral, deep pinks or reds for my toenails. Sometimes I'll get a pedicure just a few days before the cruise or do it myself. I never do my nails because it wears off so quickly with all the handwashing I do on the cruise. :)

That sounds like a great little tool. Can you tell me where you bought it? Thanks!

I got it at CVS, but I am sure any drugstore that carries Sally Hanson products would have it. It was hanging along with the regular french manicure kits you can get by Sally Hanson. Mine was $6 or $7 - not bad compared to a pricey manicure!

I use the OPI "Cajun Shrimp" color for my toes. It is bright and beautiful. The pretty bright coral color looks super on toes when wearing a pair of cute open toe shoes. For my nails, I use a slightly lighter shade of coral. I bring the bottles of polish for touch-ups. OPI is an excellent brand of polish. I find it at our local beauty supply store. It is around the $8-9 dollar range but well worth it. I also have a light shimmer silver/blue color. I wear this one with my black cocktail dress. This is a nice color as well.

I also like the OPI Cajun Shrimp. But, I would have to say my all time favorite is the OPI "Pompei Purple" it is such a bright pinkish/purplish color and also looks awesome with a tan!

Sue

I got it at CVS, but I am sure any drugstore that carries Sally Hanson products would have it. It was hanging along with the regular french manicure kits you can get by Sally Hanson. Mine was $6 or $7 - not bad compared to a pricey manicure!

Thanks! I will see if I can find it. It seems like a great thing to take along on a cruise.

I use a pretty red for fingers and toes. Even after the mani/pedi, I put my own clear, quick dry top coat on a couple of times and the day of the cruise just before dinner. It held my polish perfectly for our 2 week cruise this past November!! I add 1 more light top coats every few days! Additionally, I bring the same polish, just in case something chips badly, a quick coat, top coat and good to go again...

Have a wonderful time and don't worry!

I bite my nails (yuck, I know bad habit) so I dont paint my finger nails. As for my toes, well I've always liked funky stuff like blues, greens, purples or hot pink and I really love shimmery, irridecent colors. But for the past two years I have been wearing only black and I love it! I wear a lot of black so it basically matches almost everything I wear! But I did just buy a gorgeous bright blue color, OPI Blue My Mind. Cant wait to use it!

And just for fun, there is another thread where we talking about Rompers and 80s fashions that are making a comback, so I had to snap a pic of this polish when I saw it this afternoon! Its color changing polish...havent seen this in years!

polish.jpg

I am wearing Essie Marshmallow on my fingers/toes for my cruise next week. I usually wear Opi Strawberry Margarita or My Chihahua Bites in the summer and dark colors all winter. But, I don't know why, a creamy white is just calling my name this cruise. I think it will be the perfect change and look good with tanned feet and hands. As a matter of fact, I currently am wearing marshmallow and have had a lot of compliments. Just my two cents.

Archived