Ideal time to arrive at Port Everglades

lacell

I want to get to the terminal early, but not so early that I have to stand there with my older parents and 3 kids under 5 for hours while we wait for them to open up boarding. I have read reviews lately that our ship, Liberty of the Seas, is not opening boarding lately until noon. My past cruises have let people on by 11:00 am. We are diamond members but my parents are not. Our reservations are linked, so will they let them have priority boarding as well? What do you guys think would be the best time to arrive at Port Everglades?

I know and can understand liking to board early...but in your specific situation it might be best to board later...say around 1-2:00..less of a chance to have lines at that time....Best of luck and enjoy the cruise with your parents and children....wonderful memories to make for all of you. :)

We have traveled with our in laws in the past. We have priority check in and they didn't. We opted to just check in thru the non priority line to all stay together. It really didn't take that much time.

They do board per C&A level at the beginning of boarding (if you there before boarding is allowed, there are waiting areas per level). From what I have experienced they do not let lower C&A levels board with higher even if traveling together. Saw this last month while waiting to board Oasis. To avoid this just get there when boarding has already begun and all can walk on together.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by brenderlou

I want to get to the terminal early, but not so early that I have to stand there with my older parents and 3 kids under 5 for hours while we wait for them to open up boarding. I have read reviews lately that our ship, Liberty of the Seas, is not opening boarding lately until noon. My past cruises have let people on by 11:00 am. We are diamond members but my parents are not. Our reservations are linked, so will they let them have priority boarding as well? What do you guys think would be the best time to arrive at Port Everglades?

Linked reservations mean nothing to the port personnel. In your situation, I would also arrive after 1pm so you can board immediately and go straight to your stateroom if you wish.

Thank you. That is just the insider info I was seeking. Sounds like they don't board until 12:00ish. Now just have to decide if we want to go early and wait or waltz in later.

Oh go early.

Its not so bad.

The excitement is part of the vacation!

Anticipation at it's best.

Enjoy

Sea Ya

3 of us are coming in on a red-eye that morning -- like 7am. Got no place else to go except the terminal. Are you saying we can't even go inside that early? What time would they let us in the doors?

Hokey Smokes Bullwinkle!!! Wouldn't have the nerve to show THAT early lol. I don't even think check in staff start till 9 or so...Grab a bite somewhere and take your time, bring a copy of 'War and Peace' cause you are gonna know the inside of that terminal for a loonngg time..

At 7am I would think only 1/10th of the ship is off yet I think the earliest you can get on would be about 11am. There are some great Breakfast places on the water go there and get into vacation mode!!!

I wasn't expecting to get on board until after 11am. I'm just looking for a place to hang out until then. With our luggage.:confused: