Need help...New Orleans for a dummy!

SportsMomof4

We are booked on the Sunshine for New Years. Looking to switch to the Dream today. I have some questions if anyone can help PLEASE as we have never been to NOLA!

We would be flying in late at night. So I would like to stay in a hotel close to the airport.

Are there ANY stores (walmart walgreens target etc...) in walking distance to any airport hotels?? We will not have a car & need to pick up soda & toiletries.

Thank you!

The airport Hilton has a Shell station with a convenience store right next to it.

The Sleep Inn New Orleans airport has a Sam's a couple hundred yards away.

There are 4 motels by the intersection of Williams Blvd. and Veterans Blvd. that have various convenience stores by them.

• 2 weeks later...

The hotels near the corner of William and Vets are in a pretty sketchy area and not anywhere I would want to stay. I certainly wouldn't want to be walking around at night. How late are you arriving and how do you plan to get to the port? There are plenty of 24 hours places that you could stop at on the way from the aiport and pick up supplies.

Edited by nolatravelgirl

Our group will be on the Dream for New Year's. We're flying in the afternoon prior and will be staying near the French Quarter. You mentioned sodas, keep in mind that Carnival updated its policy and you can only bring on canned sodas, no bottles.

Come join the roll call!

We are staying at the Hampton Inn downtown, 226 Carondolet (sp) St. Is there a store nearby where we can buy wine? We are not flying in so won't have access to a car.

Any idea of how much the taxi fare is from the airport to the hotel for 4 people? How about fare from hotel to the Carnival Dream?

Thanks so much.

Edited by katiel53