Port to FCO timing?

perlgirlnj

We've just found a cruise that ends in Rome and are trying to figure out if we can make a flight that's available free through free mileage.

The cruise docks at 7:00 AM. The flight is at 11:15 AM. If we use one of the recommended transfer companies, can we safely book this flight? (The next flight that would work is at 12:15 but has a much longer layover, getting us home much later.)

Thoughts?

Barring unforseen circumstances (ship arives late, auto accident on highway, etc) you should have no problems using a private transfer. Caution, however, I would not use a transfer co that uses a big bus since straglers also could cause delay. we're using a private limo, split with another couple to catch a noon flight.

What is the cruise line's recommendation for the earliest flight ?

For example Princess arrives at 5AM . They don't recommend flights before 11AM .

That's why I would check with the cruise line for recommendations.

We've just found a cruise that ends in Rome and are trying to figure out if we can make a flight that's available free through free mileage.

The cruise docks at 7:00 AM. The flight is at 11:15 AM. If we use one of the recommended transfer companies, can we safely book this flight? (The next flight that would work is at 12:15 but has a much longer layover, getting us home much later.)

Thoughts?

If all things go as scheduled you should be fine. Be sure to carry you own bags off as you disembark. Let the cruise line know that you need an early disembarkation group.

• 2 weeks later...

We just did a cruise out of civitavecchia port. We docked at 7, did self-disembarkation. Left our room @ 7:30 and was out by 7:45. The longest part is elevator availability.

We were at FCO at 8:45am for our 11:55am flight. So plenty of time but we weren't even through security until after 9:45am. You should be fine as long as there's not any weird traffic hangups. You could even try to get an earlier pickup time (7:15?). We used Rome Shuttle Service private car and they were great.

• 2 weeks later...

we were there last month and on Celebrity you could get off the ship quite early. we left the port about 9:15 and made our 12:15 flight, but I wouldn't want to have any less time. Like the others have said, FCO can be chaotic. If you have an 11:15 flight I'd try to have my driver pick you up by 7.