Required Document

NaniG1128

I am going on a cruise line called grand celebration on sunday. I was told i can use birth certificates and i.d to board and for my 2 yr old just a birth certificate. My question is, is a certified abstract ok for boarding? It has her full name, parents name, date of file and issuance and birth plus a registrars signature and two smalls seals that are slightly raised. My only dilemma is she put a tiny hole in it (not through any of the words) I am getting different answers from everywhere i call. someone please HELP!!!

I am going on a cruise line called grand celebration on sunday. I was told i can use birth certificates and i.d to board and for my 2 yr old just a birth certificate. My question is, is a certified abstract ok for boarding? It has her full name, parents name, date of file and issuance and birth plus a registrars signature and two smalls seals that are slightly raised. My only dilemma is she put a tiny hole in it (not through any of the words) I am getting different answers from everywhere i call. someone please HELP!!!

Should be okay as long as it was issued by a government entity. If there is time and it would ease your mind you could always go to the issuing office and request another one (as long as it's not in another state). On our first cruise my middle son's birth certificate was the one issue by the town clerk- it was on plain white paper, had been folded repeatedly, was dirty and the seal was barely discernable and they didn't bat an eye. Of course if you cannot get another copy you have no choice but to show up and see what they say.

Thanks! Ive never cruised before so i wasnt sure it is from the state of TN and TN vital records said this certificate could only be used for school and stuff but it has all the required info. I ordered another just in case but i doubt it will be here in time! Thanks again!

The document issued by the hospital is (sometimes it has baby's footprints inked on it) is a REGISTRATION of the birth, not an official BIRTH CERTIFICATE which is what is required for ID on a cruise. :)

I don't know if this is acceptable. I can tell you that my son had the same type of abstract, with parent names, etc., and it was sent back by the passport office as unacceptable. I had to get his full birth certificate.

They probably aren't as picky for cruise boarding. Come back after your cruise and post what happened.

I don't know if this is acceptable. I can tell you that my son had the same type of abstract, with parent names, etc., and it was sent back by the passport office as unacceptable. I had to get his full birth certificate.

They probably aren't as picky for cruise boarding. Come back after your cruise and post what happened.

Yes, the State Department's requirements are stricter than DHS's requirements. I used my short form birth certificate for years for closed loop cruises but had to obtain the full birth certificate in order to apply for my passport.