Evian Water Package

Can anyone save me a call to RCL?

I am interested in pre-purchasing the bottled water package. There is no mention of quantity (althought the FAQs say there are various options), just a flat fee of $47. I could swear there were at least a couple of different quantities available for our sailing a month or so ago.

And yes I know the water onboard is fine (but the sodium content can vary from ship to ship and I sometimes end up with "cankles"). We also like to take bottled water ashore and on excursions. And no, I do not want to save $ by schlepping water onto the ship from a foreign port. Considering the money we've spent on the trip - the relative cost of purchasing the water is minimal.

Thanks.

Can anyone save me a call to RCL?

I am interested in pre-purchasing the bottled water package. There is no mention of quantity (althought the FAQs say there are various options), just a flat fee of $47. I could swear there were at least a couple of different quantities available for our sailing a month or so ago.

And yes I know the water onboard is fine (but the sodium content can vary from ship to ship and I sometimes end up with "cankles"). We also like to take bottled water ashore and on excursions. And no, I do not want to save $ by schlepping water onto the ship from a foreign port. Considering the money we've spent on the trip - the relative cost of purchasing the water is minimal.

Thanks.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

See the second page. Add 18% to the prices.

Edited by clarea

When I click on the link in the dining section of my reservation, I only get an option for an undisclosed number of bottles for $47 (which is inconsistent with the pdf file).

Guess I will need to call.

We bring one bottle of water apiece..and refill to take ashore. It's not the water that gives you "cankles", it's the food...heavily salted...heavily!!!

Please think about it.

If people are telling you that they go on cruises and swell when they drink ship's water and do not swell when they don't, remember that they are ALSO eating either way. The differences are the water and the swelling. Right? So if someone is saying that they need the bottled water, they need it.

Because the food is the same either way.

Be glad you don't have this problem, and be glad for those of us who react to ship water that there is an option.

OP is your ship going somewhere different?

I look at our September Alaska cruise and I get the choices of

12 Bottles - evian® Natural Spring Water $39.00 USD

and

24 Bottles - evian® Natural Spring Water $69.00 USD

Same for next year's Caribbean cruise.

Hmm.

We bring one bottle of water apiece..and refill to take ashore. It's not the water that gives you "cankles", it's the food...heavily salted...heavily!!!

When water is purified, all of the trace minerals are removed, including sodium. The water is then treated by the addition of products to make it more "natural". Morton Salt is the largest producer of water treatment products. The issue is, there is no way of knowing the quantity of sodium that is added to the water following purification.

So yes, mollyeilis is correct, the water can be a huge factor. It made a tremendous difference for me.

I always pre-order Evian on my Royal Caribbean cruises because it is one of the only bottled water that doesn't contain sodium. I did an experiment on my last cruise on Celebrity (on which I had a beverage package). I drank nothing but Evian at all my meals and I did not have any swelling.

39.99 plus 18 percent is where the $47.00 is coming from.

That makes sense.

OP is your ship going somewhere different?

I look at our September Alaska cruise and I get the choices of

12 Bottles - evian® Natural Spring Water $39.00 USD

and

24 Bottles - evian® Natural Spring Water $69.00 USD

Same for next year's Caribbean cruise.

Hmm.

Norway from Copenhagen.

Just one choice available for $47 - I assume from the responses, although unstated, this is for 12

Hi!

Yes it is. I ordered the Evian for our cruise to Norway and it is 12 bottles.

That makes sense.

Norway from Copenhagen.

Just one choice available for $47 - I assume from the responses, although unstated, this is for 12

My wife and I purchased the water package last time, 12 bottles is a lot, we didn’t go through it all and my wife drinks nothing but water. We will purchase it again for our 8 day cruise this June and plan on sharing a few bottles with my brother and sister who will be traveling with us. It's sorta like buying the other drink packages... it's for convenience, this way you have all the water ahead of time and can carry it off the ship or out to the pool and not have to worry about ordering it while you bake in the sun. It’s worth the price IMHO

My wife and I purchased the water package last time, 12 bottles is a lot, we didn’t go through it all and my wife drinks nothing but water. We will purchase it again for our 8 day cruise this June and plan on sharing a few bottles with my brother and sister who will be traveling with us. It's sorta like buying the other drink packages... it's for convenience, this way you have all the water ahead of time and can carry it off the ship or out to the pool and not have to worry about ordering it while you bake in the sun. It’s worth the price IMHO

I agree, The last time I got it on Allure I was training for the marathon, it sure came in handy. Also this is one drink package nobody can flame you for sharing. Also since its the brand in the room fridges, we would take the cold ones and replace the ones in the fridge so they didn't charge us.

FWIW - I decided to order online. When I placed the item in my cart, the next page gave the option to order 24 in quantity for $82 (a slight savings off the $47 for 12).

Yup, this was another one of the many website "improvements" that popped up in the past year or so. You have to add the water package to your cart before they actually give you the choice to pick between 12 & 24 bottles for your sailing. I think there used to be 6 or 8 bottle choice but it looks like that's no longer available.

Edited by Sarasa