best destination for october december

cruisegrancruise

Temperatures are very warm in the Caribbean in the fall. Hurricane season is officially over in December. If you go during hurricane season some of the ports may be changed to avoid the bad weather, Hawaii and the South Pacific are also a good choice. How about South America. It would be spring or summer there.

Edited by dorisis

Carribean fly-cruise.

P&O's Azura or Ventura, or mebbe Thomson, mebbe Fred.

Includes chartered flights from regional airports direct to Barbados, super-easy transfers, bargain prices late Nov/early Dec.

A late booked balcony cabin on Azura, with flights & transfers cost us just £1,000 each. Though for that sort of money you need to hold your nerve & wait for prices to tumble - which they probably will, but no guarantees.

Chapter & verse at

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=539

Plenty of other options on US ships, but expect them to be more expensive & with much more fraught flights & transfers.

Or the far east. Thailand/Vietnam/Hong Kong, etc.

Or South America.

Both more expensive, more involved, but fascinating.

Red Sea with Thomson, cheap 7 day cruise in the sun. But nothing currently scheduled due to Egypt's un-settled politics.

Not sure the Canaries will cut it for you for hot weather, and Hawaii. Aus, etc are an awfully long way.

Just MHO as always.

JB :)

South Africa or the Middle East. Lots of cruise leaving from Cubai and there is a direct Emirates flight from Glasgow or you could also use Qatar from Edinburgh via Doha.

India Ovean - Seychelles, Mauritius etc. air France have flights via CDG from Edinburgh and probably Glasgow.

If you do choose the Caribbean, look at cruises leaving from Barbados as it is so much less flagging around than having to go via the US Immigration procedures just to get on a ship and leave again. P&O do fly/cruise deals with direct flights from the UK to the Caribbean. Avoid hurricane season so don't go October. Some ships that summer in Europe don't head out there on their repositioning voyages until later than that anyway.

Canaries would be closest but not necessarily easier out of Scotland in the winter. It tends to be just the budget lines that fly there and the reduce the flights to just a few times a week in winter. I was left with the choice of flying out 4 days before the cruise from Glasgow or going via gatwick. So I have an evening flight down, hotel stay Gatwisk, flight out to las palmas (which is the day before as on the day would arrive too late, so another hotel., so basically not far short of 2 days getting there - direct flight to Dubai only 7 5 hours with a really good airline that give you 30 kg luggage allowance. I'm off next week on my third Arabian gulf winter cruise.

Amo Mondo- do you know if MSC Opera is going from Southampton to South Africa at that time (I see you've done many MSC cruises)? I think she has done in other years- that might be feasible with a flight back to HR and on to Edinburgh? It might be enjoyable to sail from Autumn into spring.