Quantum of the Seas Dynamic Dining Disaster

I have booked my dining reservations but am unable to book entertainment yet as it's not showing on my cruise planner. Can anyone give me an idea of the show times so I can alter my dining reservations if it looks like there are going to be any time clashes. Many thanks :):)

Edited by floridaglen

After 20 + calls to straighten out our dining, we were just able to delete our double bookings and were able to get all the dining we wanted with just a few minor time adjustments. I hope when entertainment opens for April 2015 sailings, that goes much smoother. :D

I have booked my dining reservations but am unable to book entertainment yet as it's not showing on my cruise planner. Can anyone give me an idea of the show times so I can alter my dining reservations if it looks like there are going to be any time clashes. Many thanks :):)

Somewhere on this board I have read people booking 2 p.m. shows, which is going to be my plan when my entertainment reservations open up. I think that was the Mama Mia. Someone else just posted the StarGaze (?) was available for 6 nights of an 11 night voyage were 8:30 and 10:30 p.m.

Edited by Nhsaltshaker

Here's a crazy idea. Why not just wait til you're onboard the ship? Some people are taking this all way too seriously. Relax and take a chill pill! It's a holiday, not life and death. :rolleyes:

Here are some of my guesses...

Large parties will have a hard time booking these smaller restaurants.

There is no MDR. Windjammer will not be able to accommodate all passengers at once.

Many people will want to see the show after dinner, therefore many people will book the earlier times for dinner.

Others might have a 'special' night...birthdays, anniversaries, etc. in which they can enjoy one or more wonderful evenings while all dressed up.

And then there are people like me that think planning a cruise is as much fun as being on one.

Here are some of my guesses...

Large parties will have a hard time booking these smaller restaurants.

There is no MDR. Windjammer will not be able to accommodate all passengers at once.

Many people will want to see the show after dinner, therefore many people will book the earlier times for dinner.

Others might have a 'special' night...birthdays, anniversaries, etc. in which they can enjoy one or more wonderful evenings while all dressed up.

And then there are people like me that think planning a cruise is as much fun as being on one.

It's a big ship and I'm sure they'll be able to accommodate everyone on board. Yes, planning a cruise is fun. But some people are acting like children. Edited by Royalty X

Why not just wait until the times are released for your sailing? There will be plenty of opportunity to sync your reservations at that time.

With three cruises booked on the Quantum……………...

I find the reservation system very easy to use and have even gone back in and made two adjustments without difficulty.

I like the reservation format.

All of my dinner and entertainment meshed without any problems.

I do NOT think Dynamic Dining is a disaster.

Edited by beachnative

With three cruises booked on the Quantum……………...

I find the reservation system very easy to use and have even gone back in and made two adjustments without difficulty.

I like the reservation format.

All of my dinner and entertainment meshed without any problems.

I do NOT think Dynamic Dining is a disaster.

Dynamic dining may not be a disaster but the rollout of the reservation system last month was from an IT perspective. It probably worked for you but it didn't for most, which qualifies as a Disaster.

Dynamic dining may not be a disaster but the rollout of the reservation system last month was from an IT perspective. It probably worked for you but it didn't for most, which qualifies as a Disaster.
An earthquake flattening a city or a tsunami is a disaster. Not being able to reserve your dinner for a cruise is not! [emoji34]

Royal provides a good cruise experience but IT support of their website is very amateurish. What bothers me is management tolerates it. We too may not sail with Royal again and we are Diamond members.

Seriously, you would actually abandon a cruise line that (in your words) "provides a good cruise experience" because "support of their website is very amateurish"?…especially after you've had enough enjoyment to cruise with them to reach "Diamond"???

Also: it didn't "probably" work for me, it DID work for me….I continue to use it for my other upcoming cruises and am enjoying the new format. I made changes and additions. I did created one conflict for myself when I switched a dining venue on one of my Quantum cruises. I had forgotten that on that cruise I was linked with three other couples. The system stopped me from making the change and I called the D+ desk and they told me it was because if I changed my reservation it might affect the other guests who were linked with me. No problem for me….I went back in, cleared out the attempted change without frustration.

If the roll out was frustrating, the current product isn't. Why now forgive and forget and get on with looking forward to your future cruises???

Edited by beachnative

I made dinner reservations in early June, we are on the Christmas Cruise and I wanted to have dinner in Grande on Christmas Eve, there are 6 of us (3 different cabins) and I made the reservation and got a confirmation. I returned a couple weeks later to book some entertainment and another evening's dinner. My Christmas Eve reservation was REMOVED and a message said I had to rebook on board. So now what, stand on line for hours to get my reservation back??!! It's Christmas eve. This is the 4th Holiday Cruise I have booked with RCL (and Celebrity), it's our tradition. this is not right!!

I made dinner reservations in early June, we are on the Christmas Cruise and I wanted to have dinner in Grande on Christmas Eve, there are 6 of us (3 different cabins) and I made the reservation and got a confirmation. I returned a couple weeks later to book some entertainment and another evening's dinner. My Christmas Eve reservation was REMOVED and a message said I had to rebook on board. So now what, stand on line for hours to get my reservation back??!! It's Christmas eve. This is the 4th Holiday Cruise I have booked with RCL (and Celebrity), it's our tradition. this is not right!!

Why don't you simply call them and have them assist you.

An earthquake flattening a city or a tsunami is a disaster. Not being able to reserve your dinner for a cruise is not! [emoji34]

Wow, being a little picky on grammar. Call it what you want, but it was a very poorly implemented system that doesn't work after 1.5 months with no indication when the problems will be fixed.

We had a problem with Entertainment reservation and I called and they took care of the problem right away. Definitely call them and give them your confirmation information.

We had a problem with Entertainment reservation and I called and they took care of the problem right away. Definitely call them and give them your confirmation information.

When did entertainment open up? I have never been able to book it but maybe because my cruise isn't until March 2015.

I couldn't book entertainment for our March sailing either. I've only been able to book it for our 1-23-15 sailing. Can't book entertainment for our other Quantum sailings or even for our 3 nighter on 11-18-14.

When I called Royal to ask them about the other sailings, they tell me they are not open yet and they don't know when it will open. I'll wait and then give them a call in a month or two.

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

I couldn't book entertainment for our March sailing either. I've only been able to book it for our 1-23-15 sailing. Can't book entertainment for our other Quantum sailings or even for our 3 nighter on 11-18-14.

When I called Royal to ask them about the other sailings, they tell me they are not open yet and they don't know when it will open. I'll wait and then give them a call in a month or two.

Can you please tell he what time the shows are. TIA.

Can you please tell he what time the shows are. TIA.

I know for most of the shows there were 2 set times. I believe the earlier shows were for 7 or 7:30 pm. I tried to go back into the cruise planner for you to get the show times but it is now telling me I can not book any entertainment and to try when I board the ship. I think Mamma Mia had 2 shows also at night besides a afternoon show.

This is what's showing on my cruise planner calendar for the 1-23-15 sailing.

Day 2 Mama Mia, booked for 2:00 pm as this will leave the night free for us to do other things.

Day 3 Comedy Show, booked for 9 pm

Day 6 Guest Entertainer, booked for 9 pm

Day 7 Guest Entertainer, booked for 9 pm

Day 8 Guest Entertainer, booked for 9 pm

Day 9 Sonic Odyssey, booked for 9 pm

I don't know what shows are listed for us that indicate Guest Entertainer but here are some of the shows that were revealed.

Sonic Odyssey

Wink

Starwater

Gatsby

Tribute

Mamma Mia

I was able to go back into my 1-23-15 reservation to check on the show times and this is what I was able to find.

Comedy show was at 7 & 9 pm

Sonic Odyssey was at 7 & 9 pm

Mamma Mia was at 2 pm & 8:30 pm, don't know if there was a later show

Guest Entertainer (1) was at 8:30 & 10:30 pm

Guest Entertainer (2) was at 7 & 9 pm

Guest Entertainer (3) was at 7 & 9 pm

The Cruise Planner indicated Guest Entertainer for 3 different nights and they are 3 different shows, just don't know what they are yet. I'm sure as time goes on Royal will list exactly what show is related to those 3 Guest Entertainers.

• 1 month later...
This is my first experience on Royal Caribbean and it looks like it will be our last. We usually sail on Celebrity. This Dynamic Dining is terrible. We are having the same problems as everyone else with the reservations. Can't believe my cruise is a year away and I'm not able to get the times I want. That's ridiculous!!!:(

Can't believe your cruise is a year away (well, less now) and you are so stressed over this. Give them (RCL) some time to work out the bugs and yourself some time to take a deep breath...relax.

I don't know if you have been able to see any of the videos on the tech advances that will be on Quantum. Now get ready. There certainly will be some 'not working as planned' instances. Such is usually the case with new tech 'this and that' from computers to laptops to tablets and, yes, to Quantum! Just try to go with the flow so that you can better enjoy the experience. It won't be long now. The wait is almost over!! Cheers! :)

• 2 weeks later...

You have never been to Asia, I see ;)

:mad:After nearly a total of 5 hours:eek: on the phone we have nearly but not quite got all of or dynamic dining disaster booked for our 11 night cruise 3 couples linked how ever most of the times we wanted we couldn't get and were still working on 2 nights so all in all RCI have reached expectations they really haven't a clue what's going on but they assure us we will all be sat at the same table lol. All I can say is we will be sat at the same table but it might be in the windjammer:D

at least when it goes to its new home in Asia booking a possible 14 Chinese restaurants shouldn't be a problem lol

In response to BeachNative

I like what you wrote about enjoying a cruise...but its like going to target or home depot and enjoying giving your personal information to hackers.

I've called 27 times and spent 25 hours on the phone and only receive lip service in return.

After all these calls and promises NOTHING has been been fixed.

I made my reservations in May and even been charged for a chefs table meal on day 10, and it doesnt even exist. DId RC I care...NO...because they were helpless....American Express corrected instead and received a credit in 3 days.

Maybe the customer service and the technical department need to ride the bumper cars instead...or use crash dummies.

The best measure would have been to shut down the reservation system and fix it. Now reseravtions are made all over the place that people dont want and cant delete.

Yeah, Im looking foward to my cruise in March but teaching customer service personel to just give lip service and continue to blame the technichal department hasnt fixed a thing.

This is what you call a WOW moment