Can you bring nursery water on board RCCL for mixing formula?

FLCruiser25

Can you bring bottle water for mixing baby formula on RCCL cruises?

I would like to also bring organic baby fruit juice for my baby.

Should it be packed in check in luggage or carry on? Thanks!

Edited by FLCruiser25
Add Info

Since a child must be at least 6 mos. to sail, they should be past the "sterile" thing. Babies that age are crawling, and touching...and everything goes in their mouths! Trying to use sterile stuff is really over-kill at that point! The bottles won't be sterile...just saying!

The ship's water is fine. If you would rather, bring some bottled water aboard...they don't care about reasonable amount. Mix the formula you'll need before taking them to the nursery.

Put your stuff in a bag with handles, so the luggage folks can lift it easily. You can check it, or carry it on.

Under normal circumstances you should be just fine. I'd carry it on because if they see beverages in your checked baggage there's a good chance they'll hold your luggage in the "naughty room" and you'll have to wait in line & open it for them to see that it isn't alcohol.

Depending on the port of departure & the time of year there has been talk of cruise lines/port security banning any beverages at all from being brought on board. So, if it's medically necessary, I'd contact the special needs department for a form to give permission so that you don't have issues at the port.

I called RCCL and they said I don't need a form but that a signed doctor's letter on letterhead would be fine for the bottle water and juice. She said just make sure it has babies name and DOB on it and that is says the water is for mixing formula purposes.

• 1 month later...
We brought with us bottle water and juice with no problem. I put it in my carry on and have no issues at all.

That will work sometimes, but, particularly during spring break, it more than likely will be taken.