Our Day In Ephesus, Turkey

I omitted the Terrace houses initially in the post because I thought "This is so unique and well worth a few extra dollars- I don't want people to miss it. So I'll give it a special section"....then I missed it. What part of Cincinnati are you from?

Karen

Edited by boingy300

I omitted the Terrace houses initially in the post because I thought "This is so unique and well worth a few extra dollars- I don't want people to miss it. So I'll give it a special section"....then I missed it. What part of Cincinnati are you from?

Karen

Glad you did not miss this special place; really fascinating.

We live in Evendale, where we have wonderful recreation and other facilities because of all that earnings tax money from the GE Aircraft Engines plant employees.

Glad you did not miss this special place; really fascinating.

We live in Evendale, where we have wonderful recreation and other facilities because of all that earnings tax money from the GE Aircraft Engines plant employees.

I love Evendale. Karen

Kudasi to Ephesus and we added the Terrace house. Don't miss that. ...as you can tell we both thought it was well worth it. Even the rug sales was treated more as an art. I didn't feel pressure to buy....but honestly I wanted one and kind of regret not getting it.

K aren

Kudasi to Ephesus and we added the Terrace house. Don't miss that. ...as you can tell we both thought it was well worth it. Even the rug sales was treated more as an art. I didn't feel pressure to buy....but honestly I wanted one and kind of regret not getting it.

K aren

I definitely want to see the Terrace Houses. That part sounds fascinating. And, I keep reading complaints about visiting the rug factory/store, but I'm a seamstress and quilter and crafter, so I love doing things like that!

I failed to answer your question! Yes very happy with them. Well coordinated.

Karen

Thank you for the recommendation. I'd like to organize or participate in a group tour with my roll call, but it's very quiet and we're just over 60 days out. Most of the people are pretty new to CC so I don't have a lot of confidence that we'll pull any group tours together. This is the main place I want to do a tour. It looks like Dubrovnik and Athens will be pretty easy to do on my own and I haven't investigated Split yet. I actually posted on an RCI roll call that will be in port the same day in hopes of joining their tour to Ephesus. We'll see. If not, I may see if I can book with Ephesus Shuttle for just myself. I assume I'd have to pay for two people, but it would be better than missing out, and their prices seems very reasonable.

Thanks for posting the link to your blog. I really enjoyed looking at your pics.

:D:D

We used Ephesus Deluxe in May (actually inherited the tour organization from someone who had to cancel her cruise) and we were very pleased. Only six needed for a very reasonably-priced tour of Ephesus and the Terrace Houses with an excellent guide and no required shopping stops.

I'll put a plug in for Ephesus Tours Best. We toured with them in July; we went to Priene (FAVORITE STOP OF THE ENTIRE CRUISE), Ephesus, a rug factory, and a store where we could try and purchase turkish delight. It was a flat $80 per person ($40 for children 12 and under), and we had a fabulous time.

• 2 weeks later...

I love Ephesus and the Terrace Houses are a must. I am taking my sister here when she does her first cruise in October - it will be my third visit to Ephesus - so much to see.

Thanks for the photos Karen - fantastic.

Pat

What a great report - we are booked with Ephesus Shuttle for next Spring and we are really looking forward to it - especially after reading your report and seeing your pictures. You really had a great day, in spite of the rain!

Was lunch included in your tour?

Edited by Larainerenee

Yes, lunch was included. We did fail to clarity WHAT we were eating. They just bring out a plethora of food. You may want to ask your guide beforehand. It was good. The Efes beer was quite good as well.

Karen