Taxi Price from EWR to Cruise Port

GerryLee

I'm sure others will respond.

I may live in Boston, but I am a NJ native and actually lived near Bayonne for 5 years. I've spent 30 years traveling multiple times a year between MA and NJ, have sailed from Bayonne 10+ times, and have traveled to the port by car service, car, cruise bus, and public transit.

The absolute cheapest transportation I have found other than public transit is Independent driver - 888-816-0973. They can be booked 4-6 weeks out and charge $45 for up to 4 people. Folks on this board routinely post that they pay car service charges in the $50-60+ range depending on the number of people and amount of luggage.

Hey Boston, don't you think maybe a local can answer better?

$50-60 might be a tad high. They can't be that much.

no its about right. Cab prices are much higher in NJ....

http://www.panynj.gov/airports/ewr-taxi-car-van-service.html

they don't list bayonne(where the cruise terminal is not at port Newark) and jersey city is next door plus tolls and tips.

Another factor is the potential traffic wait time to get into the pier, which I'm sure the taxis and car services factor into their quotes. It can take 15 minutes to get to the turnpike exit in Bayonne, but on a congested day it can easily take another 30++ minutes to get into the port drop off.

They absolutely can be that much. It's discussed frequently here, and that a car service is usually the better option. :)

The airport cabs at EWR don't have meters that usr time and mileage. its based on a set fare to the destination just like a car service.

• 3 weeks later...
We're going on Quantum and will disembark on Dec 12. I'm trying to book our return flight back to CA and wonder if a noon flight out of EWR is doable? Any help/suggestions are appreciated.

What time is Quantum docking?

I would opt for either self-assist departure or arrange to have very early luggage tag numbers.

Thanks Bob and bayonnejoe. Until the new terminal is finished it's my understanding that you have to shuttle from the ship to a tent like terminal. Are there shuttles going to the airport from there? If so....approx. cost. I've read that cabs are in the $50-$60 range. Does that sound about right?

The cab price sounds right. There are shared shuttles for $16/pp to the airport.

The airport is 11 miles. Even during rush hour it should not take more than 1/2 hour. The problem is getting off the ship with all your luggage so you can take that ride.

Edited by 138east

Thanks Bob and bayonnejoe. Until the new terminal is finished it's my understanding that you have to shuttle from the ship to a tent like terminal. Are there shuttles going to the airport from there? If so....approx. cost. I've read that cabs are in the $50-$60 range. Does that sound about right?

They most likely will not give you a cab from the port to EWR. They save the cabs for the far pricier runs. You will be directed to the shared van, which has been correctly priced at $16 per person.

They most likely will not give you a cab from the port to EWR. They save the cabs for the far pricier runs. You will be directed to the shared van, which has been correctly priced at $16 per person.

That's not true. If you want a private taxi from the port to EWR just walk up to the taxi dispatcher and ask for one.