Cookies!!!

cruizinlady1947:

Here is the recipe for the breakfast raisin/cranberry bread. I asked the Chef on the Grandeur for the recipe. He sent it to my cabin and the recipe was for 37 loaves. Someone was kind enough to break it down to one loaf. I hope it works out right.

....love...love...love this bread.

the chef did the same for me. i asked at dinner one night and the next night, he gave us a whole loaf with our dinner along with the recipe.

i was in heaven...

i also broke down the recipe...will have to check mine and see how close i came. ..lol

i do make it and its really...really..good.

Edited by love2cruiseforfree

cruizinlady1947:

Here is the recipe for the breakfast raisin/cranberry bread. I asked the Chef on the Grandeur for the recipe. He sent it to my cabin and the recipe was for 37 loaves. Someone was kind enough to break it down to one loaf. I hope it works out right.

....love...love...love this bread.

the chef did the same for me. i asked at dinner one night and the next night, he gave us a whole loaf with our dinner along with the recipe.

i was in heaven...

i also broke down the recipe...will have to check mine and see how close i came. ..lol

i do make it and its really...really..good.

Oh good...let me know if it is the same recipe. If not, can you post yours, since you said it is good? Thanks......

I'm jealous....I didn't get a whole loaf of bread...just the recipe. I guess I don't "rate"....lol :p

Gwen :)

is that the supremely yummy tasty bread with the cranberries and the crushed sugar cubes on top? I can eat a whole loaf of that toasted and buttered. in fact I usually go to the CL before breakfast just so I can get a slice.

Oh my gosh, I thought I was the only one who was nuts about that bread. It's my favorite Royal Caribbean food. :) Can't wait to eat it again next month.

Also my Favorite in the mornings!! When anybody makes it with the right amount of ingredients, I would love the recipe!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I posted the recipe in post #74. I haven't tried it yet, but it is the recipe for just 1 loaf. Someone broke it down for me. The original recipe from the chef was for 37 loaves. I won't post that one.

ok...here is the recipe I use to make the RCCL...Cranberry Raisin Almond Strietzel Bread.

pretty close....try it and let me know what you think.....

RCCL Cranberry Raisin Almond Strietzel Bread

2 pkg yeast

1 tablespoon sugar

½ cup warm water

2 lbs all purpose flour approx.. ( 6 2/3 cups)

¼ teaspoon salt

½ cup milk

4 eggs

½ cup butter , softened (1 stick)

1 teaspoon vanilla

½ cup golden raisins

½ cup dried cranberries

Topping:

½ cup water

1 egg yolk, beaten

¾ cup silvered almonds

Preheat oven to 400 ( I did later, once the bread raised)

Grease a baking sheet lightly with butter

Combine yeast, sugar and ½ cup of warm water in mixer bowl and let sit for around 10 mins

Add flour, salt, milk, eggs, butter, vanilla to mixing bowl containing the yeast mixture.

Mix all ingredients for dough for 2 mins at slow, then 6 mins at fast speed.

Add raisins and dried cranberries and mix 2 mins more

Rest the dough covered for 20 min or so ( I put close to 190 oven for heat)

Punch down and divide dough into 2 – 1lb loaves.

Cover and allow to rise again.

Cut each loaf into 3 equal pieces. Roll each piece by hand into a long 12-20 inch strip.

Braid the 3 pieces together.

Place the braided loaves on the buttered baking sheet, cover and let rise again ( I place on parchment paper sprayed w/ non stick spray)

Combine ½ water with 1 beaten egg yolk and brush the braided loaves.

Brush a second time with the egg wash and spinkle with silvered almonds

Bake 400 for 20-22 mins or golden brown

If you can find the sugar sucre grain or you can use crushed sugar cubes for topping too

IMG_2610.jpg?t=1484688884

I haven't made it yet, but will try after my cruise in Feb.

If anyone makes it, come back and tell me how it is.

I made this today. It is close, but I think Royal's has more egg. I also had to bake 31 minutes instead of 22. It took longer to rise, but it is cool and wet here in South Carolina today. I will try the other version next weekend.

I tried a coconut ranger recipe that came from Royal. It had a few different ingredients, like praline paste and coconut cream. No cereal in it. Unfortunately, it did not turn out like the ones on the ship. I hate coconut, but DH loves it. I made them for his birthday and was disappointed.

I made this today. It is close, but I think Royal's has more egg. I also had to bake 31 minutes instead of 22. It took longer to rise, but it is cool and wet here in South Carolina today. I will try the other version next weekend.

Thanks for coming back and reporting. Good to know the differences. Come back when you try the other recipe. I will follow whatever one you think is best.

I will be on the Grandeur next Saturday, so will get my fill of it on that cruise.....then I will try it when I get home.

Thanks again,

• 1 year later...