Help with Train in London.

My sister and I will be staying at premier inn Waterloo. What is the best way for us to get from Heathrow airport to our hotel. I'm a bit overwhelmed trying to research so any advice will be helpful.

I saw information about getting an oyster card but I cant figure out the route we would take from the airport. looks like we will be at Terminal 4.

Thank you.

Take the Piccadilly Line (dark blue one on the map) to Hammersmith or Barons Court. Cross the platform and get the District line (green one on the map) to Westminster.

Either leave Westminster station and walk across Westminster Bridge or use the lifts to get to the Jubilee line (grey one on the map) and go one stop (from platform 3) to Waterloo.

Take the Piccadilly Line (dark blue one on the map) to Hammersmith or Barons Court. Cross the platform and get the District line (green one on the map) to Westminster.

Either leave Westminster station and walk across Westminster Bridge or use the lifts to get to the Jubilee line (grey one on the map) and go one stop (from platform 3) to Waterloo.

Thank you so much Steve.

Just to add one thing for clarity, you really can't go wrong at Terminal 4. It is on a one-way loop on the Piccadilly line, so no need to worry about which platform or direction of the train - there's one platform, the trains go one-way! They then call at the station for Terminal 1, 2 & 3 and head back into town. The tube station is very well signposted in the terminal.

Order your Visitor Oyster time ahead of time. Estimate how much money you want to load onto the card and order it a couple of weeks before you leave the US.you will not only save money as there is a maximum amount you pay each day no matter how many times you use the system but it is very convenient.Mine arrived five days after I ordered it online. Then when you arrive at Heathrow tired and jet lagged you don't have to fuss with the Underground ticket machines. Just scan your card and head down to the Piccadilly line. Also note that one or two of the cars have doors that open level with the platform so you can wheel your bags onto the car -- no lifting required.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Order your Visitor Oyster time ahead of time. Estimate how much money you want to load onto the card and order it a couple of weeks before you leave the US.you will not only save money as there is a maximum amount you pay each day no matter how many times you use the system but it is very convenient.Mine arrived five days after I ordered it online. Then when you arrive at Heathrow tired and jet lagged you don't have to fuss with the Underground ticket machines. Just scan your card and head down to the Piccadilly line. Also note that one or two of the cars have doors that open level with the platform so you can wheel your bags onto the car -- no lifting required.

Thanks I will definitely order ahead of time. What do you think is a good amount to preload on the card.

Well it really depends on how many days and if you will use it the max each day. We just put 25 GBP on but as we were only there two days have plenty left for a future trip as they do not expire. I believe that you also have the option of getting the balance refunded.

Wow. Thanks for this info. It looks like it will be 32 GBP if paying cash. Does this sound right to you.

That is about right, remember that the cars are smaller than what we are used to so book the car size accordingly for your luggage.

It was nice to be met after a long flight and be taken to your hotel.

We are also planning on staying at the Premier Inn Waterloo and will be using them back to LHR.

Edited by phabric

That is about right, remember that the cars are smaller than what we are used to so book the car size accordingly for your luggage.

It was nice to be met after a long flight and be taken to your hotel.

We are also planning on staying at the Premier Inn Waterloo and will be using them back to LHR.

we will be at the premier in in June. If you are there before, please report back and let me know what you think of the hotel and the area. We are thinking that its pretty centralized to walk to many of the attractions, but maps can be deceiving :eek:.

we will be at the premier in in June. If you are there before, please report back and let me know what you think of the hotel and the area. We are thinking that its pretty centralized to walk to many of the attractions, but maps can be deceiving :eek:.

I am staying in August after our British Isles cruise.

I have stayed at the Park Plaza Westminster hotel in 2013 which is very close to the Premier Inn that is why I picked the Premier Inn Waterloo for another visit to London. I have stayed at a couple of Premier Inn and I take the breakfast meal deal. There are plenty of restaurants/pubs in London that I didn't take the dinner part.

There are regular buses, tube, Hop On Hop Off bus, restaurants, pubs, Waterloo train station, stores all within walking distance of the hotel.

Walking distance to London Eye, Parliament, Big Ben, river cruises. Plan on doing a lot of walking.

Edited by phabric