10 Hour Layover in Amsterdam

Yes, there is luggage storage. See the airport website for details.

http://www.schiphol.nl/Travellers/AtSchiphol/Luggage/LuggageService/LuggageLockers.htm

Reseach and decide what you want to see in Amsterdam, and buy tickets in advance if possible.

Once you get to Central Station, it is very walkable or take the trams.

For example, for the Anne Frank house, buy tickets in advance with the intro. "30 minute program" to avoid lines. Well worth the extra cost.

http://www.annefrank.org/en/

You can also buy canal trip tickets on-line as well in advance.

If you are connecting would your luggage not be through checked to your final destination?

Or maybe you just want to store your carry-ons

Either way it is easy to get into central Amsterdam & see some of the sights

be sure to leave enough time to check back into the airport

If my memory serves me correctly - and it may not! - I seem to recall there was a sort of travel/tour service counter right in Schiphol, I'm assuming on the arrivals level, where you could book a tour for that day. Something along the lines of 'if you have 5 hours you can see X, Y and Z, or with 6 hours you can see....' I'm pretty sure these were bus tours, but as I was never in the market for this service I didn't pay much attention. Hopefully someone else here can confirm/clarify this!

If my memory serves me correctly - and it may not! - I seem to recall there was a sort of travel/tour service counter right in Schiphol, I'm assuming on the arrivals level, where you could book a tour for that day. Something along the lines of 'if you have 5 hours you can see X, Y and Z, or with 6 hours you can see....' I'm pretty sure these were bus tours, but as I was never in the market for this service I didn't pay much attention. Hopefully someone else here can confirm/clarify this!

I think those tours donot exist anymore, havenot heard about them since some months. Also the airport website doesnot mention it anymore.

However, taking a train from Schiphol to Amsterdam Cenraal is easy. Frequent trains, leaving right under the central arrival hall, after clearing customs. Traveltime about 20 minutes.

In case you want to make a tour, check this website:http://www.lindbergh.nl/

Those tours are leaving walking distance from Centraal station.

Of course you can walk around yourself, visit various museums (best to make reservations online), make a canalbout tour of about 1 hour. Also leaving in front of Centraal Station.