So far have had little luck contacting anyone ..:(...boohoo

First time in Polynesia ...would love to make it memorable in a great way

Merci

Michele..we will be there on Oceania as of jan 4-14

Maohi Nui

Patrick in Bora bora if you want an all day picnic

Jean Pierre at Tereva in Rangiroa

I guess you can contact Albert in Moorea

If you google these names you should get further information.

Since you are not going on the PG you should ask these questions in the Pacific Ports board. One of us would have helped you. It is inappropriate to ask them here.

I check that section less after someone there made a comment about us snooty PG passengers. We are not snooty at all just convinced that the best way to visit FP is on the PG!

Edited by Emdee

Why inapropriate ???i thought we are all here to help each other ...someone told me the Gauguin people were the most informative .i always help others on all forums with their queries regardless of what ship they sail on ....a little kindness always goes a long way ...no?

;). :)

Michele

Why inapropriate ???i thought we are all here to help each other ...someone told me the Gauguin people were the most informative .i always help others on all forums with their queries regardless of what ship they sail on ....a little kindness always goes a long way ...no?

;). :)

Michele

I am happy to help anyone....

It's just that This site has a thread for ports and tours etc. Usual practice is to talk about all things relating to the line on the board dealing with the line.

If I had to go on the Crystal board and ask questions about a trip relating to my cruise on Tere Moana it would be inappropriate.

I answered your questions and then suggested that the ports board would be the right venue....

Now if I had said sorry wrong board etc etc you could have accused me of being rude!

Thanks Wendy ..its ok ...hes having a bad day ....its ok

Actually, I had a perfectly good day.

I have said the same thing on this board before.

Personally believe it's a question of courtesy to stick to a Cruiseline on that relevant line's board unless it's a question of a comparison.

I guess I am old fashioned and still believe in courtesy!

Wendy while there is limited action on the pacific ports board both Twin and myself go there from time to time and make suggestions. I think Mercruiser also does that.

Further Jo will be on Oceania this year ( long time PG cruiser) and she pretty well knows all the operators as well. The issue with FP is that sometimes the operators are uninterested in small groups or individuals so it's best to get a roll call group before you approach them.

Edited by Emdee

I am totally shocked a fellow canuck would be so .....agressive ..shall we say

You accuse people of calling you a snob or snotty ..yet your behaviour speaks volume ....

Be kind ...its my first time in Tahiti ...I need help ..so what is the harm ..I have helped countless travellers from all over ..I do it willingly ..here and on ship

I am not a newbie in cruising ...43 and counting ...i have no problem answering queries ..it is not rude to ask......?.. on any forum ..I disagree with you ..

However let us leave it at that .....have a nice day

:)

Michele

You accuse people of calling you a snob or snotty ..yet your behaviour speaks volume ....

Be kind ...its my first time in Tahiti ...I need help ..so what is the harm ..I have helped countless travellers from all over ..I do it willingly ..here and on ship

I am not a newbie in cruising ...43 and counting ...i have no problem answering queries ..it is not rude to ask......?.. on any forum ..I disagree with you ..

Michele

Actually I wasn't called snooty a general statement was made on that board.

Enjoy your first trip to Tahiti it's a beautiful place and calls us back Again and again. People who are travelling on your cruise have sent me emails personally for my help and I am happy to give it. The issue here then is appropriateness which you don't get.

We are also seasoned cruisers. Lost count after 50....

You have a good day too!

Edited by Emdee

Michele

Hi Michele - I think asking on this board is perfectly fine. Anyone who doesn't think a post belongs here, may report it to the moderators, or ignore it.

I don't know what answers you may have received if you've posted elsewhere, but would recommend Dr. Poole's dolphin/whale watching on Moorea:

http://www.drmichaelpoole.com/tours.htm

I found, while researching excursions, that some tour operators have contracts with the cruise lines, that require they only take people who have booked through the cruise line.

If you get stuck, head over to tripadvisor.com to the appropriate forum where you can find lots of information for each island. If you email tour operators, sometimes they will take several days to respond. If you don't get a response, check your spam folder.

Edited by 6rugrats

Maohi Nui

Patrick in Bora bora if you want an all day picnic

Jean Pierre at Tereva in Rangiroa

I guess you can contact Albert in Moorea

If you google these names you should get further information.

Since you are not going on the PG you should ask these questions in the Pacific Ports board. One of us would have helped you. It is inappropriate to ask them here.

I check that section less after someone there made a comment about us snooty PG passengers. We are not snooty at all just convinced that the best way to visit FP is on the PG!

We did the PG a little over a year ago, and wouldn't consider any other cruise line if I really wanted to see FP!

Here's a rough analogy to the little uh ... disagreement between Merriam, Wendy, and others about non-PG cruisers asking for information here. I'm using it as a way to think about this since initially I didn't know what I thought about it.

As a (mostly retired) physics teacher at a post-secondary level, when I'm teaching, my students ask me questions during and after class and during my office hours. Answering them is part of the job. But what if they ask me a question while I'm in a pub with friends? What if somebody in the pub who has never been a student of mine, maybe Merriam's daughter, asks me the same question?

I have colleagues who would not answer questions by either of these people in the pub, and they have a point I suppose.

But I personally will talk about physics (or lots of other things) with anybody at any time. (But if I've been in the pub since early afternoon, anything I say is likely to be incomprehensible.)

So I'm more like Wendy on this, but then again I'm married to her!

Edited by DavidTheWonderer

Hey Daviid,

Merriem is not Miriam!

Miriam is emdee!

Indeed! I didn't want to make this thread too personal by referring to Emdee's daughter specifically. There's quite enough personal messaging and bickering going on over on the Regents boards, and I would hate for that toxicity to spread over here. So I didn't use "Miriam" or "Merriem", both of whom have posted on this thread.

Edited by DavidTheWonderer

Indeed! I didn't want to make this thread too personal by referring to Emdee's daughter specifically. There's quite enough personal messaging and bickering going on over on the Regents boards, and I would hate for that toxicity to spread over here. So I didn't use "Miriam" or "Merriem", both of whom have posted on this thread.

Got it!

There is nothing like the very gentil perfect Knights on the Crystal board starting with Keith1010.

Pg board used to also be a big love fest but things change over time....

Here's a rough analogy to the little uh ... disagreement between Merriam, Wendy, and others about non-PG cruisers asking for information here. I'm using it as a way to think about this since initially I didn't know what I thought about it.

As a (mostly retired) physics teacher at a post-secondary level, when I'm teaching, my students ask me questions during and after class and during my office hours. Answering them is part of the job. But what if they ask me a question while I'm in a pub with friends? What if somebody in the pub who has never been a student of mine, maybe Merriam's daughter, asks me the same question?

I have colleagues who would not answer questions by either of these people in the pub, and they have a point I suppose.

But I personally will talk about physics (or lots of other things) with anybody at any time. (But if I've been in the pub since early afternoon, anything I say is likely to be incomprehensible.)

So I'm more like Wendy on this, but then again I'm married to her!

So the answer really is .... lets take this discussion to the pub!