Over the water Cabanas

We are doing b2b's on Oasis in an OS cabin so we have an option to book an over the water cabana at Barefoot Beach. My questions;

- Since Star Class guest apparently have first choice is there a chance a Sky Class guest can get an over the water cabana? Not sure I would spend the money for any of the others.

- Can anyone help me find a map of cabana locations and photos?

- Can I book the cabana for both cruises at the same time?

- How far is walk from where you get off ship to Barefoot Beach/Cabanas?

- Should we book them online or via the Concierge.

Appreciate it!

I guess it is a new change from last summer when we were in a crown loft suite (sky) and the letter we got from the concierge (10 days before sailing) stated to contact him for the cabanas on barefoot beach.

Now I have read in reviews from people in Star class that the over the water cabanas were held till their genie booked one for them (not free, still have to pay for therm), and if any were left available they went open for all through the concierge.

If you want one I would contact the concierge before time.

Safe travels.

We are doing b2b's on Oasis in an OS cabin so we have an option to book an over the water cabana at Barefoot Beach. My questions;

- Since Star Class guest apparently have first choice is there a chance a Sky Class guest can get an over the water cabana? Not sure I would spend the money for any of the others.

- Can I book the cabana for both cruises at the same time?

- Should we book them online or via the Concierge.

Appreciate it!

To answer a specific question, there is a golf cart shuttle for cabana beach guests. Through the entrance and 100 feet out on right side when heading to beaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appreciate it!

Here is a map of the cabanas at Barefoot Beach (W=over water H=hillside S=standard B=beachfront):

1553375_10201466911735989_1936166972_o1.jpg

This is a photo I took of Barefoot Beach and the cabanas (for reference to the map, to the right of the blue chairs is an orange life raft. To the right of the life raft is B2. Above the life raft with the pink towel on the chair is S9. This is easier to see if you click on the photo and open in full resolution):

IMG_2269.jpg

This is a photo of the other beach with cabanas at Labadee, I think Nellie's Beach:

IMG_2264.jpg

Edited by SG65CB

This is a photo I took of Barefoot Beach and the cabanas (for reference to the map, to the right of the blue chairs is an orange life raft. To the right of the life raft is B2. Above the life raft with the pink towel on the chair is S9. This is easier to see if you click on the photo and open in full resolution):

IMG_2269.jpg

I would just add the OTW 5 & 6 could be difficult for anyone that is physically challenged. As you can see in SG65CB's photo, the water can submerge the steps. We were in B2 on one recent cruise and the water came right up under our deck. Unusual of course but it does happen. That day the concierge dropped his radio into the water trying to reach OTW 5 & 6 by jumping from rock to rock. I guess he didn't want to get his nice white sneakers wet.

To answer a specific question, there is a golf cart shuttle for cabana beach guests. Through the entrance and 100 feet out on right side when heading to beaches.

True, there is a golf cart that will take you to Barefoot Beach once you get through the Labadee gate, but the pier is a VERY long walk and there is no assistance getting down the pier unless you get a wheelchair (no carts or shuttles). You can choose to take the water taxi from the pier to Columbus Cove but I'm not sure how easy it would be to get from Columbus Cove back to Barefoot Beach.

Note, that while you can take the water taxi over to Columbus Cove, you cannot take it from Columbus Cove back to the ship. Everyone must go through security to return to the ship so there's no way to avoid that long walk down the pier, coming back.

Two years ago we had an Over the Water Cabana at Labadee. We were just in a regular ocean view balcony.

Are you guys all saying that for my August 2018 sailing, I may have a very slim chance of getting a cabana since they now all go to concierge guests (just in an ocean view balcony)? If this is the case, are there any cabanas that I can possibly get? I really wanted another over the water (and check a couple of times a day if it opened for me to book) but although I see excursions for Labadee, I do not see cabanas.

Thank you all so much!

Edited by js

Two years ago we had an Over the Water Cabana at Labadee. We were just in a regular ocean view balcony.

Are you guys all saying that for my August 2018 sailing, I may have a very slim chance of getting a cabana since they now all go to concierge guests (just in an ocean view balcony)? If this is the case, are there any cabanas that I can possibly get? I really wanted another over the water (and check a couple of times a day if it opened for me to book) but although I see excursions for Labadee, I do not see cabanas.

Thank you all so much!

Depends on the ship. Star class get advanced choice. But small ships may not have those classes filling them up. I wouldn't plan on one though.

We are sailing on the Oasis in March and I booked our over the water cabana at Nellie's beach in April so it was 11 months out. They just told us that they don't know which number we will get yet, and we are in a Central Park Cabin.

Thank you all so much!

This thread started out discussing cabanas at Barefoot Beach, which is for GS and above and Pinnacles only so unless you are in a full suite or a Pinnacle then you would not be vying for the same population of cabanas that the suites are. It all depends on how many people are interested in booking cabanas. You might get your first choice right off the bat or they might be sold out. Only time will tell. The advantage to Nellie's Beach cabanas is that they are available for booking online well in advance of the cruise so you should have as good a chance of getting what you want as anyone else.

Good luck !!

• 1 month later...

Appreciate it!

This one I can answer. 3/8 of a mile from where you step off the ship to Barefoot beach and 1/2 mile to the beach with the Cabanas.

Bummer...went to my planner this morning to book Barefoot Beach - Over The Water Cabana for our Aug 28th sailing and it says its not available, that you have to book on board. We are in an Owner's Suite but not sure that matters for this?

Try to contact you concierge and ask him if one is available. They reserve those cabanas over the water for the Star class guest and release them after none of those high flyers wants them[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

With the implementation of the Royal Suite Classes now, it's nearly impossible to get an over the water cabana on Barefoot beach. We were at Labadee a few weeks ago, in a suite and were not able to get an over the water cabana. We rented S9 which was the closest to the water available. Ironically, there were over the water cabanas empty, reserved for the Star class, that didn't get used. :mad:

With the implementation of the Royal Suite Classes now, it's nearly impossible to get an over the water cabana on Barefoot beach. We were at Labadee a few weeks ago, in a suite and were not able to get an over the water cabana. We rented S9 which was the closest to the water available. Ironically, there were over the water cabanas empty, reserved for the Star class, that didn't get used. :mad:

that's interesting... we sailed earlier this month and were Star class and had an over the water bungalow 6, and the people that rented bungalow 5 were not Star class :confused: