Is Dragon's Breath Zipline at Labadee Worth It?

iujen94

We are planning a cruise next April that stops in Labadee. This will be our third time there, and I'm looking for different things for us to do. This is the first trip where my younger son will be tall enough and heavy enough to try the Dragon's Breath Zipline, so I'm considering it. I know this is a very subjective question, but I'm wondering if it's "worth it," given that it's just one zipline and pretty expensive as far as excursions go. We've ziplined lots of places and love it, and are also planning to zipline on our stop in San Juan the day before we hit Labadee. Is Dragon's Breath unique and cool enough to make it worth it? Thanks!

We were just at Labadee for the first time in February. We thought it was expensive when looking at excursions before the trip and even on the boat. Once there, we decided to do it even though it was expensive as it was a "once in a lifetime opportunity to zip line over the ocean". We signed up that day on the island, and after doing it, I would say it was definitely worth it. I brought my GoPro along just in case and the video doesn't even do the justice. I would recommend doing it with one of the first flight times so you can still enjoy the rest of the day on the beach relaxing.

• 2 weeks later...

iujen94, we are planning to zipline in San Juan as well. Who are you doing that through? I'm currently trying to figure that out for us. I'm having a hard time justifying the zipline expense on Labadee as well. I feel like you get more of an experience when there are more lines and bridges rather than one zip.

iujen94, we are planning to zipline in San Juan as well. Who are you doing that through? I'm currently trying to figure that out for us. I'm having a hard time justifying the zipline expense on Labadee as well. I feel like you get more of an experience when there are more lines and bridges rather than one zip.

We've ziplined in Puerto Rico before - we did the Canopy Tour Zipline Adventure in the La Marquesa Forestry Reserve. It was great - the only downside is that it's in the rainforest and boy did it rain!! We also had a long wait (about an hour) out in the rain while we waited to start zip lining. Once we got going, though, the rain stopped and it was a blast. Because we've already done that excursion, I think we are going to try the Toro Verde Adventure Park excursion this time. We did our last excursion and we'll do this one through the cruise line. Normally we book excursions on our own, but because our time in San Juan is pretty limited (last time and this time), I didn't want to run into any transportation issues that would have us running late. I think the comments I've gotten here have convinced me to try the zipline in Labadee too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You're paying for the experience and the memories so honestly, there is no wrong answer to whether it's worth it or not. No matter what you say, you're correct.

Im going to do it because I can easily find $100 somewhere else in my cruise budget and it's something I can't do anywhere else. I can parasail, snorkel, dive, fish, etc other places but that I can't do and it's an opportunity I don't want to miss because you just don't know if/when you'll get another chance.

Lets say I skip the dragon's tail coaster and dragons breath water slide, half of the zip line is paid for right there. Maybe alter my Saturday pre-cruise dinner a little and buy one less souvenir in San Juan and there's my $100.

Its such a personal choice but I fully support those who want to do it and those who have no interest.

You're paying for the experience and the memories so honestly, there is no wrong answer to whether it's worth it or not. No matter what you say, you're correct.

Im going to do it because I can easily find $100 somewhere else in my cruise budget and it's something I can't do anywhere else. I can parasail, snorkel, dive, fish, etc other places but that I can't do and it's an opportunity I don't want to miss because you just don't know if/when you'll get another chance.

Lets say I skip the dragon's tail coaster and dragons breath water slide, half of the zip line is paid for right there. Maybe alter my Saturday pre-cruise dinner a little and buy one less souvenir in San Juan and there's my $100.

Its such a personal choice but I fully support those who want to do it and those who have no interest.

Well stated.

And yes do not waste your money on the water slide, we did and it should be free.........................

That water slide was poorly constructed.

Now do not get me wrong, it is safe, but no view and many people get stuck half way down and you have to get yourself going again.

Now going back to the zip line, the workers make the experience one to remember.

When we took the all terrain vehicle up the mountain it was to say the least interesting and the view on the top awesome!!

We have done it twice and unless you have had the experience of a lifetime doing it, do not knock it.

We only cruise at this time once a year and put a "cruise fund" jar to save for these special fun events.

Enjoy, we did........