Platinum perk question

travelerblue

We are sailing on the Breakaway soon and are Platinum so we will have free nights at Le Bistro. Can we book this ahead of time, or will we be charged if we do that? We have never booked specialty restaurants ahead of time so I don't know if you get charged right away or when you actually go to the restaurant, in which case we would just present our certificates for the free meals. Thank you!

Call the concierge for reservations, that's one of the perks.

We have never gotten the concierge's contact info straight away unless staying in a suite (all cruises since Feb 2013) - they make it hard to utilize concierge (or their team) as the amount of Platinum members rises. I wouldn't be surprised if the perk soon went away completely.

Edited by Demonyte

We have never gotten the concierge's contact info straight away unless staying in a suite (all cruises since Feb 2013) - they make it hard to utilize concierge (or their team) as the amount of Platinum members rises. I wouldn't be surprised if the perk soon went away completely.

That's worthy of a thread in itself!

Could we just call the restaurant and make the reservation, once on board? I am platinum, but staying in a balcony cabin.

Sure, easiest is to visit the Restaurant Reservations desk by the Guest Services desk or call Restaurant Reservations - the number is usually printed/shown on the stateroom phone and also can be found from the Freestyle Daily.

Could we just call the restaurant and make the reservation, once on board? I am platinum, but staying in a balcony cabin.

Yes

Personally, I find it so much easier to make my reservations, excursions, etc. myself. Maybe because I know if I do it myself it will be right, or if it's wrong I have no one to blame but myself. Who knows. It's easier also. I pick up the phone, make the reservation and hang up. Or.....I go past the restaurant reservation area in by guest services, make the reservation and walk away.

For *me* calling the concierge, telling him/her what restaurant I wish to go to and at what time, waiting for them to call me back to confirm.....well, it's just another step for me when I could just do it myself!

But....that's just me.

Harriet

You can book using the app as well.

I had dinner booked on the breakaway before even getting to the ship.

You booked your Platinum dinner on the app before your cruise? Did the app charge you for that reservation?

Harriet

Sure, easiest is to visit the Restaurant Reservations desk by the Guest Services desk or call Restaurant Reservations - the number is usually printed/shown on the stateroom phone and also can be found from the Freestyle Daily.

That's what we'll probably do-------thanks.

I was just curious. We have always booked ourselves once on board. I was just wondering if it will be harder to get the time/day we want with the free dining package being offered now. It will be our 25th anniversary so I thought I would book it ahead if possible.

You booked your Platinum dinner on the app before your cruise? ...

I'm curious, how can one register, sign into and activate the iConcierge App before actually connecting to the ship's intranet/WiFi system ?? Was this done while on the Pier waiting to board? We're on the BA last year & going again in 19 days and we used the APP, nice & all with the free features. It would be nice - any tips to share ?

I was just curious. We have always booked ourselves once on board. I was just wondering if it will be harder to get the time/day we want with the free dining package being offered now. It will be our 25th anniversary so I thought I would book it ahead if possible.

What we did last year on BA was book it online ahead time and it got charged to our credit card. Once we went to dinner, we gave the vouchers and were credited back to our onboard account if that is acceptable to you.