Just returning - thoughts on Bermuda, Internet...

sjde

We are just finishing a cruise to Bermuda on NCL and I have some questions.

Are there any other islands where you aren't being bugged by the locals ..."Lady, want a taxi....lady- want a tour?" It was a pleasure.

Is Bermuda always so hot and humid? It was one of the most uncomfortable places we've been. The ships go from May to Sept.

Only the 2nd day with a Strong breeze was it a little more comfortable.

The new internet plan- we purchased 300 MB for $39 and used it up in 2 days! Just email. A little bit checking Facebook. Generally we are online about 20 minutes a day.

So we bought 1000 MB for $89. Then usage really slowed down so I wonder if I had forgotten to turn off wifi once or twice those first few days and that really used up our plan?

Not being bugged by the locals is one the top reason I love going to Bermuda.

As far as weather, if you go in June/July it may be less humid.

I was on the BA in August and thought the internet went faster than advertised. I mentioned it the woman working the desk and she gave me the sales talk about how this is better than any other ship, yada, yada, yada and basically ignored what I asked her. My guess is that she hears it a lot.

I am looking at an April 2016 cruise on another line though out of Miami.

April should be a comfortable month....I hope..:)

I find Nassau to be the worst for the street "vendors". I hear Jamaica is bad, but I did not experience that the 1 time I was there....:)

Our only visit so far to Bermuda was via the Gem in mid/late October three years ago. It was warm, but not uncomfortably so, and the water was still warm enough for swimming. I thought it was a great time to go, so of course NCL has stopped sailing there that late out of NY. :(

As it happens, our westbound TA next year aboard the Celebrity Eclipse will overnight in Bermuda in early November. I am hoping for what I call "great walking around weather."

Our only visit so far to Bermuda was via the Gem in mid/late October three years ago. It was warm, but not uncomfortably so, and the water was still warm enough for swimming. I thought it was a great time to go, so of course NCL has stopped sailing there that late out of NY. :(

As it happens, our westbound TA next year aboard the Celebrity Eclipse will overnight in Bermuda in early November. I am hoping for what I call "great walking around weather."

Turtles,

Next year Breakaway is sailing to Bermuda as late as October 18, 2015.

http://m.ncl.com/vacations?N=4294934555+4294925780+8052+4294963125&Ne=11&Nr=AND%28p_Record_Type%3AI%2Cp_Fare_Code%3ABF%29&Nu=p_Key

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Edited by meatball_nyc

Turtles,

Next year Breakaway is sailing to Bermuda as late as October 18, 2015.

http://m.ncl.com/vacations?N=4294934555+4294925780+8052+4294963125&Ne=11&Nr=AND%28p_Record_Type%3AI%2Cp_Fare_Code%3ABF%29&Nu=p_Key

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Thanks Robin. That's a good sail date for Bermuda. (I don't have current interest in sailing on the Breakaway though.)

We were in Bermuda last June. If you were a beach bum on that cruise you were very disappointed. Cloudy, seemed cooler than. It should have been, etc.

We were in Bermuda in Sept of 2012 with the same weather including the sudden storm that broke us from the mooring and pushed us into Explorer of the seas

Weather is weather and beyond our control. sometimes you get lucky, other times no.

I agree Bermuda is the island with little to no pestering. It is bad in Puerto Rico, St Thomas and Tortolla.

Bermuda is one of the most beautiful islands I have been to

Kathy

Just off Breakaway this morning and even though the weather WAS hot in Bermuda, I loved that the sun was out and shining every day. Last year same week, we got caught in a mini tropical storm coming back from Hamilton that lasted for hours. Not fun.

Re internet: I bought the $39 package also. Checked emails and Facebook one to two times per day (not a lot of lingering but checked pretty quickly for what needed to be addressed) and still had almost 50 MB left over. Thought the new pricing was great and the internet speed a tremendous improvement from the past.

Tracy

We found Cozumel vendors to be the most insistent, chasing us up the sidewalk to ask why we didn't want their "free jewelry". Of all of our ports, those were the most irritating vendors. Bermuda of course is nothing like that.