How to celebrate on the QM2

Maple_Girl

Any ideas on things we can do while on the QM2 to celebrate our 10th anniversary? Things I'm thinking about:

spa treatment, breakfast in bed, or dinner at the Verandah. Our anniversary falls on an informal night. This is our first crossing and our first adventure on Cunard.

Champagne breakfast in bed, a spa treatment or if it falls on that day, a behind the scenes tour - book ASAP after boarding, ask at Reception - dinner at one of the alternative venues. We especially enjoyed Coriander, real gourmet Indian food - not your average curry!

If you enjoy musical performances, there are quite a few to choose from each day. We particularly enjoy classical performances by the harpist and/or string quartet who are usually on board. There may also be a special concert by a classical pianist on the schedule.

Another simple suggestion that DW and I find romantic is a leisurely stroll together around the promenade deck or just relaxing on lounge chairs along the promenade deck and watch the world go by (weather permitting).

Here is a document from Cunard offering some additional ideas for activities that may strike your fancy if they happen to apply to your anniversary day.

101 things to do on the newly Remastered Queen Mary 2

Regards,

John

Edited by bluemarble

While we love both Coriander and Lotus, for an anniversary, I would recommend dinner at the Verandah. It's a bit expensive, but for an anniversary, it works. DON'T sit next to the wall that separates the dining room from the kitchen. Otherwise it's lovely and the food is like what you would find at a high end restaurant in a big city. After dinner, have a drink in the Chart Room while listening to the jazz combo.

Oh...and...congratulations! Have a terrific time!

Edited by tv24

Any ideas on things we can do while on the QM2 to celebrate our 10th anniversary? .

My husband and I are also celebrating our 10th on QM2 - we are sailing in August 2017 although our anniversary is a few months later. Thank you for this wonderful question. The responses so far have been helpful. I had no idea a champagne breakfast was offered. We certainly will book one.

We will be spending some quality time in the spa. We usually book spa rooms with spa access - Cunard doesn't seem to have spa rooms available (at least on our sailing) but I believe we can book that separately. We like massages with scrubs. Yum! And everything else, too.

The menu in the Verandah seems very fancy, maybe too exotic for us. We are foodies, we've been in the business for about 20 years. We prefer simple, healthy, clean recipes to frog legs and caviar.

We will be dressing up for the celebration without concern of everyone else on board.

When is your anniversary?

My husband and I are also celebrating our 10th on QM2 - we are sailing in August 2017 although our anniversary is a few months later. Thank you for this wonderful question. The responses so far have been helpful. I had no idea a champagne breakfast was offered. We certainly will book one.

We will be spending some quality time in the spa. We usually book spa rooms with spa access - Cunard doesn't seem to have spa rooms available (at least on our sailing) but I believe we can book that separately. We like massages with scrubs. Yum! And everything else, too.

The menu in the Verandah seems very fancy, maybe too exotic for us. We are foodies, we've been in the business for about 20 years. We prefer simple, healthy, clean recipes to frog legs and caviar.

We will be dressing up for the celebration without concern of everyone else on board.

When is your anniversary?

Regarding the champagne breakfast: I have no knowledge of the Grills, but as far as I know it doesn't exist in Britannia Category unless you order (or bring on board) champagne to be served with your breakfast.

Congrats in advance on your 10th anniversary. Have you booked a table for two in your category dining room?

Salacia

Thanks for the replies everyone! Our anniversary is 1/7/17. I cannot believe how fast 10 years has gone!

Love the idea of listening to some jazz and getting a drink in the chart room. Not sure about the Veranda. I'll check with Jason and see what he thinks. I'm not a fan of frogs legs, duck, foie gras or caviar. Dinner at Coriander might be an option if the dates line up. I love Indian food. Champagne breakfast in our cabin sounds like a wonderful idea! I think I'll set that up. Love the idea of bringing our own champagne for the mimosas. I might get us a couple of spa passes for the day. Keep the ideas coming! Thanks again!!

(oh, and thanks to the poster who linked the 100 things to do PDF. I forwarded that to Jason and he was quite impressed... I think he's already planning his strategy for how to dominate at the table tennis tournament!)

We are just back from our first ever TA, and celebrated our anniversary with dinner in the Verandah. Book before you leave, it is cheaper than doing it on board. But GO, don't worry about the food being too fancy, it really isn't.

We were fussed over by lovely staff, enjoyed fantastic food and wine, and made to feel really special. The couple on the next table had just been married by the Captain!

Have pre dinner cocktails in the Commodore Club, and your night will be very special.

Regarding the champagne breakfast: I have no knowledge of the Grills, but as far as I know it doesn't exist in Britannia Category unless you order (or bring on board) champagne to be served with your breakfast.

Congrats in advance on your 10th anniversary. Have you booked a table for two in your category dining room?

Salacia

Addendum: I just noticed this on VP...

'Bon Voyage Package

Price: $140.00

• A bottle of Delamotte Brut, NV Champagne in your stateroom upon arrival

• A box of Cunard’s Handcrafted Chocolates in your stateroom upon arrival

• A formal portrait photograph

• A half bottle of Champagne with continental breakfast delivered to your stateroom'

Click on the heading "Little Luxuries" on VP for various options.

-S.