In Suite Bar

English Tim

I have had an email from Seabourn, advising me that their rep at the London Cruise Show gave incorrect information, despite me querying it.

It is as I thought, but I have found staff at these shows to be badly trained, incompetent or dishonest, which is very disappointing. I like to know in advance, exactly what I have paid for, rather than be disappointed on-board. I find CC so useful, far better than any agent.

Re the other bottles in the suite, we like to drink in company, rather on our own in the suite, with the exception of Champagne, so liquor rarely get's touched, but nice to have the flexibility.

You are probably best looking on here first, saves you wasting your time at those shows and then even more time writing to Seabourn.

You are probably best looking on here first, saves you wasting your time at those shows and then even more time writing to Seabourn.

Fair point, but their error has lead to an email and it turns out a friend of ours works for Seabourn, which could prove very beneficial. :)

I know I'm missing something here. I can't imagine that the brand of "free" champagne available would be either a deal-breaker or worth more than about 10 minutes of my pre-cruise planning time. The only issue would be if I wanted something specific out of the ordinary and arranged well beforehand for them to stock it (possibly at additional cost to me).

Just wondering...

I am sure Seabourn will try their best to fulfil your request, as long as it's within reason. We find them generally very accomodating. We always asked for our in suite bar to be stocked with fruit juices, they have not failed yet.

By the way, we did the east med-black sea back to back on the Odyssey last year. It was lovely. I would miss Constanza though.

I am sure Seabourn will try their best to fulfil your request, as long as it's within reason. We find them generally very accomodating. We always asked for our in suite bar to be stocked with fruit juices, they have not failed yet.

By the way, we did the east med-black sea back to back on the Odyssey last year. It was lovely. I would miss Constanza though.

I feel sure that you can have your suite bar stocked with anything which is not more costly to Seabourn than the regular included alcoholic drinks.

We didn't touch the en-suite bottles and didn't pack them in our suitcases to take home either. Call me stupid if you will but it seems a load of hassle and potential risk if something breaks in transit to save a couple quid (bucks).

The champagne question surely isn't rocket science. There is a house champagne which is free, there are other brands available to purchase. Where you have them delivered once purchased is entirely up to you.

I left the ship after our first cruise feeling Seabourn had more than honoured their side of the deal to look after us and treat us well. There was no penny pinching, inclusive drinks flowed and at no time was I told,"I'm sorry sir that isn't available free of charge." But then again I'm not stupid. I can read the tariff card, see which bottles are displayed separately and know that Louis XIII is never going to be on free pour.

The more people who take the p1ss, the more Seabourn will have to increase fares or waver any discrepancy currently shown.

Henry :)

Edited by Able Seaman H

We didn't touch the en-suite bottles and didn't pack them in our suitcases to take home either. Call me stupid if you will but it seems a load of hassle and potential risk if something breaks in transit to save a couple quid (bucks).

I thought I was the only one who left our bottles on board. Ours are usually opened bit only a drink or 2. Maybe a few more from the Vodka ;)

Absolutely agree with Henry.

It is rather disappointing that this thread was posted.

The OP had already sailed with Seabourn so I am not sure why he asked the question!

Absolutely agree with Henry.

It is rather disappointing that this thread was posted.

The OP had already sailed with Seabourn so I am not sure why he asked the question!

To find out if things had changed since I cruised, bearing in mind what I was told by a Seabourn rep!

Seabourn reps are there to see you Seabourn cruises and sometimes they tell you what you want to hear to make the sale. No different from most sales reps.

Everything else about Seabourn is different. I expect the same quality in the whole product, which is one reason we pay a premium price.