The Prides final two cruises with Seabourn - Live-ish

Emperor Norton

The only thing I'd like to take home with me from the Pride's last cruise is Karl.

You are not kidding! I find him to be one of the BEST things about Seabourn. I almost booked this last minute when I read he would be on the crossing. Love, love, Karl!

Hard to believe but with many SB cruises over the last 13years we have never had the pleasure of sailing with Karl. But if Emperor Norton's intel holds firm he will be on our fall Legend cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How I wish I could have been on that cruise. The Pride and the other 2 little sisters will be missed. Instead we get a 600+ passenger ship, like other so-called "luxury" lines. Wondering what would have been wrong w/ 2 280 passenger ships based on the O class w/ less cabins and more open space, and keep from having to discount the fares? Seabourn was great for their intimate, perfect sized ships, enough people to keep it interesting, not too many that you got lost remembering who that was. Just my opinion.

Hard to believe but with many SB cruises over the last 13years we have never had the pleasure of sailing with Karl. But if Emperor Norton's intel holds firm he will be on our fall Legend cruise.

I don't think we have either? What is his last name and position? Maybe that will help me remember!

Nancy,

His name is Karl Eckl and he is a hotel manager. Let's keep our fingers crossed that his schedule does not change and we all get to sail with him on the Legend this fall.

Prior to being the HM he was a waiter (quite a jump).

DSC_4270-XL.jpg

Karl was a restaurant manager after he was a waiter then moved to head office and became a Hotel Manager where he goes between the various ships.

What a nice guy he is.

I remember "Karlo Magno" (Herman Diaz gave him his nickname) when he was a very young handsome waiter ~~I was given Herman's Club pin after his death ,I presented it to Karl on board the Pride ~our President, Pam Conover agreed to allowing Karl to wear Hermans pin.... as far as I know he's the only Seabourn staff that proudly wears the Club pin on his lapel. Karl is an absolute GEM!

Martita B