[Question]who is wrong in booking Carnival Liberty cabin?

coyotedge

Hi folks, before sharing my story, I have to say sorry because English is not my first language, it is my first thread in this forum and it would be first time cruise for me as well(zero experience).

I booked Sep. 24 Carnival cruise by an agency who competed others through cruise***pete.com. With paid $25/passenger more for 'Choose your stateroom number', I thought I would be able to choose other same category stateroom in different deck if I would not satisfied with assigned stateroom after booked, because with written email to ask the agency for details, I write: Can I change my stateroom number and location later. Sales Rep. replies: sure, if it's available(yes, just these 5 words in his reply). So with my understanding, I could pick up different cabin and deck later.

The issue is that when I acknowledged my stateroom is in deck 1, I was denied to move higher deck up without pay more extra after asking to the agency. He says $25/passenger's function is let you know where is your exact cabin in advance and choose different room in same deck.

Please let me know, who is wrong in this entire process, the agency or me? Although $25/passenger is not big money compares whole cruise package price, but I think it was not totally worth paying this extra cost if I would clearly understand that only eligible to choose different stateroom number in same deck1. :mad:

It is possible that you booked say, a 4B cabin on Riviera deck, and want to move to a cabin on a higher deck, still an inside - but that cabin might be a 4C or 4D, which is more expensive. Cabins that appear to be exactly the same cost differently depending on location on the ship. People prefer cabins on higher decks near the middle of the ship, so those cabins cost more than cabins in the front or the back, and on a lower deck. EM

The OP specifically asked if they could change rooms within the "same category". I have not cruised on Carnival or used a TA that would charge $25 to switch a cabin number.

If you change categories then you would definitely pay more (or less if a lesser category).

I can name TAs who have a $25 pp change fee. Thats my guess OP.

Did you ask about fees?? Unless you ask, some sneaky TAs never mention them until you are locked in.

If you choose a higher category, you would always have to pay the price difference.

Yes, I have used agencies from that site and yes there are some that have fees. I have stopped using those agencies regardless of what their quote is. You must read the fine print in the quote.

I have had good experiences w/ that site and its various agencies.

The OP specifically asked if they could change rooms within the "same category". I have not cruised on Carnival or used a TA that would charge $25 to switch a cabin number.

If you change categories then you would definitely pay more (or less if a lesser category).

What does "OP" stand for?

What does "OP" stand for?

original poster.

Pay the 25.00 change fee and see if you can transfer the booking back to carnival.

The agency you are working with charge fees for any changing-- so if the price comes down-- you will have to pay the change fee.

But to be fair-- it does cost more to pick you cabin- and when you want certain decks- or a certain area-- you will pay more for it.

Thats the way it is with whoever you booked with

original poster.

Pay the 25.00 change fee and see if you can transfer the booking back to carnival.

The agency you are working with charge fees for any changing-- so if the price comes down-- you will have to pay the change fee.

But to be fair-- it does cost more to pick you cabin- and when you want certain decks- or a certain area-- you will pay more for it.

Thats the way it is with whoever you booked with

Thanks all of kind replies!:p

Archived